Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,217   Online: 847

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Great director with remarkable films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A sideways step for the thread - if off-topic please forgive me. (I find it very difficult to think of visual images without musical connections...!)

You might enjoy this music. It's by Tarkovsky Quartet, and is austerely beautiful composed / improvised music.

It's a direct tribute to the atmosphere of Tarkovsky's films by pianist Francois Couturier. It's gorgeously produced, and features Tarkovsky's polaroids as the album artwork. Listen to excerpts here:
    http://player.ecmrecords.com/tarkovsky

(There's another earlier album called 'Nostalghia" if you like this).
    Last edited by coigach; 12-30-2011 at 10:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Coigach, thanks for that and will try and add that to my music collection. The first time I heard Erik Satie was in connection to images by Eugene Atget, which also seemed to fit together well.

JMB

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    A great master without a doubt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The films of Andrei Tarkovsky and Béla Tarr have had more influence on my photography than anything else. I have all their films on DVD and regularly watch them - even Tarr's 7.5 hour epic "Sátántangó".
    Andy
    Per Mare, Per Terram
    Filmus Monochromus | Project Double-X | Daily Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lars von Trier, in connection with his new film Melancholia, reportedly says: "There is no doubt that Tarkovsky is the master of them all." I really liked "Stalker" even without completely getting it. Behold, a couple of shots from my living room, which I do when a film really visually impresses me:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20090411_36_sm.JPG   20090411_38_sm.JPG   20090411_39_sm.JPG   20090411_43_sm.JPG   20090411_26_sm.JPG  

Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin