Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,167   Online: 851

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sometimes I get a little "star struck"

A heads up for those that have never done such, for those that are new here, or those that are "sorta" new here ...

If you have a favorite artist, photographer, printer, etc... just try doing a search for their name and you'll likely see a post where they in fact have contributed! I am always amazed by this site and the plethora of information here - and super excited when I see someone I admire actually posting here. It's like seeing your favorite movie star at your local grocery store!

That's all. I just get excited sometimes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it is surprising who turns up here every-so-often. Although in the past on APUG certain characters have turned up for a while and then either disappeared off or been suspended by the administrators. Being well known does not always ensure good behaviour...

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just be careful who you admire on these forums. There was a photographer on this forum and another whose work I REALLY admired and always wanted to emulate. He was a real talented guy but he was a rude, insulting, crude, and mean-spirited person. He may have also been a crook. But he was really talented... and if I mention his name I'll likely get banned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    p.s. The amount of talent at this site is phenomenal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actual this may sound like sucking up/brown nosing but one of my heroes is a regular.
    He is a retired Kodak engineer and is extremely generous with his huge knowledge.

Go Ron!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1 P.E. is my hero.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree, Katie. In fact, I've discovered some of my favorite contemporary photographers in the Gallery. Without APUG, there's a good chance I'd never have discovered their work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are several here whom I admire greatly, and a couple of others I consider siblings, the "brother from another mother" thing.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Large Format
    I do appreciate ALL of the members here - talented or not.
    I lived on the street in LA for a while in my younger wilder days and something another soul told me during those days has stuck with me all these years, "We all put our pants on one leg at a time".

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yep, there are some serious talents in here, both as artists and artisans. Many incredibly helpful and nice guys and gals. I have a lot to thank them for, both technically and artistically.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin