Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,869   Online: 1125

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Outstanding work! Now I wonder if the Avedon police are going to come after you.
    Oh so it was you, kidding, its all good.

But yes they did, very efficient.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dehk View Post
    I just got up and got an email from the foundation requesting the images be removed. As they wish, I deleted the whole post promptly. But all in all, it was just curiosity.
    I'm a huge advocate of copyright. Your post, however, was clearly an examination of an idea and would easily pass the fair use test.

Copyright law is not designed to stifle the sort of investigation you produced.

Fair use is the most abused excuse for copyright violation. But it has its place, an important one. From wiki on fair use: "Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship."

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^Where does "examination of an idea" show up in the definition above? The original was changed, bottom line. It wasn't research it was an appropriation, unapproved too.

Obviously the copyright holder didn't agree with the appropriation either.
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to agree with Andy, not sure what dehk did falls under fair use. After all, Avedon shot lots of color over the years, it's not like we don't know what those color pictures look like, and frankly, it seems a bit off topic here to discuss one's digital skills with coloring pix that we don't own in photoshop. Now, if he had purchased those prints and hand colored them, that would be a far more appropriate exercise for our purposes here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seriously? Now it turned into me showing off my digital skill? Wow.

- Original purpose was to show what if certain photos by Richard MIGHT have look like if they were in color. Out of curiosity.

- No and I am not saying you or anyone do not know what color photos looks like. Are you?
    - Derek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Somebody just need to close this thread.
    - Derek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dehk View Post
    Somebody just need to close this thread.
    Done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin