Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,225   Online: 909

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

If Richard Avedon would have used Kodacolor

I got home from work the other day, the movie Miracle on 34th Street was on TV. However, instead of the bw version, it was in color. I got curious and decided to experiment in coloring black and white photographs. Yesterday at work, I came up with a silly question in my head. "What if, Richard Avedon used Kodacolor instead of black and white negatives back in the days?" Just for fun, Here's my silly answer for my silly questions

http://dehk.wordpress.com/2011/12/19...sed-kodacolor/

Cheers

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Excellent work. They look great.

If it means anything, Avedon used lots of colour.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very true, but you know what I meant. Thanks for the compliment, It was fun.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Those are exceptionally well done! The second one is my favourite, with the black clothing for contrast, it really pops!
    Thanks for sharing these, you've inspired me to go and have a play with some of my own photos

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    Those are exceptionally well done! The second one is my favourite, with the black clothing for contrast, it really pops!
    Thanks for sharing these, you've inspired me to go and have a play with some of my own photos
    Let me know how it works out for you, I am curious to see. Make sure you pm me the links after you uploaded, cheers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh geez, now there's some pressure for me
    It's about seven hours passed my bedtime just now, so I'll get onto it after I've had a sleep. Don't be expecting anything much, though!
    Thanks again for showing us what you've done. Inspiration is always appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice conversion. Thanks for your effort.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Outstanding work! Now I wonder if the Avedon police are going to come after you.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    dehk - I am going to take the dissent here. I do concede that what you have done is skillfully done, using a digital means no less (no more?), I am actually not familiure with some of the photographs that for all intents were appropriated. The harm to me is my perception of the original and remake is affected whereas I would have preferred to have stumbled upon the original then progressed to the remix (if it all). Well we all know that we all come with our own backgrounds and therefore one would never know if I or any other folk for that mater are familiure with the original, so it is kind of paradoxical - damned if you do, damned if you don't

My wife and I debate this a lot, we have young ones and there are tons of kids books out there that remake the orig, for eg, The Three Little Rigs, about three trucks that make buildings out of wood, brick and steel and a wreaking ball tries to beak them all down. Well I get bothered by the adaption because what if my kids didnt know the orig to get the adaption? Their perception of the story would originate with the rigs and not the pigs. See what I mean? Thankfully in this situation the kids knew the orig fairy tale but here are countless books appropriating the orig and it bothers me that they will get an adaption instead of the orig and then what?

I think your work, while technically good, is a disservice in a sense as it is a appropriation, and legally, probably not fair use. I respectfully disagree with your remix and sure hope you have no intent of profit from such approach as a bees best could be swarming from legal folks. Best, Andy
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    dehk - I am going to take the dissent here. I do concede that what you have done is skillfully done, using a digital means no less (no more?), I am actually not familiure with some of the photographs that for all intents were appropriated. The harm to me is my perception of the original and remake is affected whereas I would have preferred to have stumbled upon the original then progressed to the remix (if it all). Well we all know that we all come with our own backgrounds and therefore one would never know if I or any other folk for that mater are familiure with the original, so it is kind of paradoxical - damned if you do, damned if you don't

My wife and I debate this a lot, we have young ones and there are tons of kids books out there that remake the orig, for eg, The Three Little Rigs, about three trucks that make buildings out of wood, brick and steel and a wreaking ball tries to beak them all down. Well I get bothered by the adaption because what if my kids didnt know the orig to get the adaption? Their perception of the story would originate with the rigs and not the pigs. See what I mean? Thankfully in this situation the kids knew the orig fairy tale but here are countless books appropriating the orig and it bothers me that they will get an adaption instead of the orig and then what?

I think your work, while technically good, is a disservice in a sense as it is a appropriation, and legally, probably not fair use. I respectfully disagree with your remix and sure hope you have no intent of profit from such approach as a bees best could be swarming from legal folks. Best, Andy
    Thanks for your comment. No my intent wasn't about profit or I'd try to find the highest resolution possible, but no that wasn't the case at all. Don't worry I just got up and got an email from the foundation requesting the images be removed. As they wish, I deleted the whole post promptly. But all in all, it was just curiosity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin