Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,830   Online: 810

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever
    I was wondering how I could best go about copying pictures with 70mm. Is a standard medium format camera suited to the job.

~Karl Borowski

70mm backs have been made for a number of medium format cameras. The one for my own Mamyia RB67 is long discontinued, but they turn up 2nd hand once in a while and others might still be made. If you have the right close up kit you should be able to copy the negs off a light box on a copying stand. CDU II is tungston balanced but it might be worth processing a test shot to check the light box suits the film without filtration.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever
    Hello everyone. Also, what the hell is 46mm film? I've asked this question many times before and haven't gotten a straight answer. I've never seen a 46mm camera either, hence my confusion. Thanks for your help.

Regards.
    ~Karl Borowski
    Wouldja like a roll of 46mm Kodalith? I have a few, well, more that a few sitting around. Single perf, on a spool.

As for the color film, I shoot Agfa 160 color and Konica 160 color on used Efke100 spools in my Yashica 44. Nice.

Let me know.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Would you happen to know where I could get a camera for 46mm? :-) I'd definitely like either a 70mm or 46mm camera for copy work.

Regards.
    ~Karl Borowski

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, the Camerz cameras can take 46mm backs, and there was a similar camera called the Keith camera that probably did 46mm, but how are you planning to process it?

70mm and 70mm equipment is much more common. Hewes makes reels for 70mm, and there are backs for a number of cameras that take 70mm.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    . . . but how are you planning to process it?
    Don't labs process it? It was used not that long ago almost exclusively. I feel stupid not looking at my grade school proofs. Now that I know what 46mm is, I realize that is what they used for school portrature instead of 6x4.5 or 6.6 or 70mm. Surely if this was being used as little as 3 years ago, processing services can still be had somewhere. The film is still being made after all, right?

Regards.
    ~Karl Borowski

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There are labs that process it, if you plan to send it out, but I'm guessing that processing is not as widespread for 46mm as for 70mm.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    There are labs that process it, if you plan to send it out, but I'm guessing that processing is not as widespread for 46mm as for 70mm.
    Not a problem here in San Jose. Place down in Willow Glen will process 127 C41 for me. The B&W and Kodalith stuff of course gets souped at home.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Ah, someone with answers. I have been diggin' & scratchin' for 46 mm answers and I just found them.

I just bought a lens (en route) that was used in a similar camera with 46x? format. from the referenced link I got two different 46 mm formats. I had wanted to pre-envision how much coverage this lens might have. I wanted to put it on a 4x5 Speed Graphic, expecting too-small a circle of coverage...I want to experiment with that look. Then I wondered if it would cover more up close, analogous to the infinity vs process distance conundrum, but I then realized it's a portrait lens, so it's basically already being used at process distances. (Helical focus, marked 3.5-18 feet), f 4.5-32.

Anyway, it should keep me off the street for a bit. I thought it would be fun to try a helical focus zoom lens with bellows too...maybe I can macro-fy it after all with bellows extension.

Why? Don't know, just the way I am.

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    Pinhole
    From the format info at Camerz plus the info I was given that the user used unsprocketed 46mm, I come up with a range of roughly 71-75 mm diagonal.

The lens is 50-150 mm with a 100 mm flange-to-film distance. I guess only time will tell how big an image it will produce. Kind of makes me wonder why it's so big.

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    Pinhole
    For the guy who wanted a 46mm camera, see the references for Camerz above, then look on the web for a guy who posts as scungili@aol - he appears to buy & sell those used, apparently at more affordable (amateur/semi) prices. 46 or split 70 seems to be where the activity is.

Also see www.jukkavatanen.com - he uses 70 mm aerial b/w film (when he can get it)in a rollfilm back I think with a Graflex of some sort.

Murray
    Murray

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin