Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,051   Online: 822

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by m1tch View Post
    Hmm im planning to use it on Cyanotypes, I live in the UK so its not always sunny lol also I might want to do some contact printing after work in the evening, none of the prints will be bigger than A4 as I don't have a negative that big!
    5-6 bulbs of 15 inch long would be quite adequate. Place them 3cm apart from each other, and 12 to 15cm high from the paper, but some reflector in the back of the bulbs. Works like a charm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by m1tch View Post
    I have seen some tunnel type UV lamps mainly used for nails and they are 36W for a fairly small area, im tempted to perhaps try one of those at some point as they are pretty cheap and i'm not planning massive prints at the moment as im just getting into alt methods.
    I googled and found one of those tunnel UV lamps. It says 365nm on the package, one for the nail curing. That is certainly good.
    However, you cannot be sure about the homogeneity of light. For example, you might get less exposure on the edges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool, thanks for the help Herzeleid, I might just go with smaller prints and prints that don't 'bleed' off the edge so with the edges being underexposed won't be an issue as the negative I would be copying would be nearer the centre, I might just try out one of those nail curing tunnels, they are either 9 or 36 watts it seems, so I will go with the 36w model and try out with a few test prints. Looking at the size of a medium format negative and the size of my hand it might be a good basic substitute before looking at a custom setup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin