Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,300   Online: 921

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The face tanner option works for me. I have set it up for about 4" of clearance from the bottom of the box in which it is mounted to the plate glass under which the plate and positive are placed and I get exposures in the 45 second to 1 min. range for K93 plates (plasti-gravure). You can plug the entire unit into a time-o-lite timer or the equivalent because the built-in timer works in minutes, not seconds. Cheap and easy set-up for up to about 8x10, maybe larger– but not much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like a face tanner will work, I don't think I will be going larger than an 8x10 although I could do a photogram or a digital negative at that size, I will check out those time-o-lite timers, it might be useful for when I do my own dev work or indeed get an enlarger for negatives in the future. Could I perhaps look at getting a cheaper face tanner and simply buy the 15w UV tanning bulbs to upgrade it? Are there any more powerful tanning bulbs I could look at getting eg a 25W or something?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A very good source of information about UV light sources:

http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Light/light.html
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah I checked that site out but didn't want to build my own lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin