Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,525   Online: 1069

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New run of Lodima paper

LODIMA gelatin silver chloride paper is a contact speed printing paper. We have received many requests for LODIMA paper with higher contrast. And in response to your requests we are about to order a new run of LODIMA paper with higher contrast—think of it as either a grade 3 with more contrast or as a grade 4.

The normal quantity we must order is 10,000 square meters—the equivalent of just shy of 2,000 boxes of 100-sheets of 8x10. That is a huge quantity.

We have been told by the manufacturer that if we get our order in by March 15 they will make the paper for us even at a quantity less than 10,000 square meters.

If we can order 10,000 square meters the price will be pretty much the same as the paper from the last run. In smaller quantities the price will be higher. We were told it could be as much as 25 Euros ($33.50) higher for a box of 8x10 100-sheets. So we are hoping to get as many orders as possible to keep the already high price as low as we can.

At this time, place your order by number of boxes in the sizes you want. As before, we can have paper made in the following sizes:
    8x10—25, 100, and 250 sheet boxes
    8x20-100 sheets
    12x20-100 sheets
    11x14-100 sheets
    9x11-100 sheets
    10x12-100 sheets
    14x17-100 sheets
    16x20-50 sheets
    20x24-50 sheets

If there are orders for only a couple of boxes in any one size we may not be able to supply that size.

At this time, we do not need checks or credit card information. We just need your orders. If we have sufficient orders, we will ask for those things after March 15. As before, we will not deposit checks nor charge credit cards until we need to pay for the paper.

We will be testing the paper for contrast and if it does not have significantly greater contrast that all previous runs of LODIMA paper, we will not order it.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible. If interested email to us at michaelandpaula@michaelandpaula.com

Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Who is the manufacturer?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The paper is made in Europe somewhere to Michael and Paula's specs...this is more of a service and an act of love rather then some "I'm gonna make money off APUGERS"...understand that this the ONLY azo type paper available in the world....ask anyone who has tried his paper what it does. Or better yet buy a box for yourself
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or come to a workshop and learn how to make it yourself. :}

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    ask anyone who has tried his paper what it does

Would you be so kind to give me/us a brief summary of what it does and why it's so special? I realize I can search and go though hundreds of posts but a brief summary would be nice for those who have not experienced one or be familiar with it already. If it sounds like a nice addition for my DR, I might even join in and get me a box or two.

No, I don't want to try to make it.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    The paper is made in Europe somewhere to Michael and Paula's specs...this is more of a service and an act of love rather then some "I'm gonna make money off APUGERS"...understand that this the ONLY azo type paper available in the world....ask anyone who has tried his paper what it does. Or better yet buy a box for yourself
    Yes, I know. I have posted a few times over on their lodima support forum. Under a different name though. I just read somewhere that they had purchased the old manufacturing vessels and equipment themselves, so I didn't know there was a corporation involved.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm sure there will be more specific answers but to me it's a delicious Azo type chloride contact paper, typically processed in Amidol, giving rich warm tones. Personally I like it in Ilford WT developer although that may be sacraligeous. It's graded, it's slow and it's beautiful.
    Alas if I was on the East Coast I'd take Ron's workshop in a heartbeat!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Would you be so kind to give me/us a brief summary of what it does and why it's so special? I realize I can search and go though hundreds of posts but a brief summary would be nice for those who have not experienced one or be familiar with it already. If it sounds like a nice addition for my DR, I might even join in and get me a box or two.

No, I don't want to try to make it.
    I have never tried it myself, but, when used with high density negatives it apparently gives a tonal range closer to platinum, but with the gloss and sharpness of a silver print. It also responds well to toning. Again, have not tried it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonic View Post
    Yes, I know. I have posted a few times over on their lodima support forum. Under a different name though. I just read somewhere that they had purchased the old manufacturing vessels and equipment themselves, so I didn't know there was a corporation involved.
    ... GOOD FOR THEM !
    imagine how hard it will be in 5 or 10 years to have this paper made, if the place it had been made for 10years prior
    fell on hard times, closed-shop... and the equipment went to the scrap heap.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I was priviledged to attend one of Michael and Paula's workshops, and they are as sincere as daylight. They are artists first, and they are in it for the love of the art and the joy of making a contact print that takes your breath away. For the effort and the risk they must take to get this paper made, they have my welcome to make a little money for the effort.

Now I have to go see how much is in my bank account, and why it's so hard to find 5x7 film at a decent price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin