Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,724   Online: 747

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    good cautionary note. During the recent postcard exchange, during which I was clothes iron mounting all the card, I had to unmount or toss a few because I heated them TOO much and for some reason lost the effectiveness of the dry mount tissue. From what you say now, it makes perfect sense that the glue got wicked into the print and the backing material, to which I give an anti-archival "Yech!" (:

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The first time I tried my "new" press on an RC color print, it was just a little too hot for the surface of the print. I cooked a nice 11x14 image enough to melt the surface and pick up materials from the mat on front. Live & learn.

I found an old Seal press on ebay which included tissue, tacking iron and the press itself for about $300. It won't quite cover a 16 x 20 in one pass, but will in sections. The pad and platten were in excellent shape. I had to replace a switch and tighten things up a bit, but it works like a champ now. I'm running at about 190f and it does a great job on azo or any other fb paper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin