Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,613   Online: 698

Shooter
    Medium Format

I'd like to see an AZO print

Hi,

I hear so many nice things about the Amidol + Azo paper for contact printing 4x5 negs.

Does anyone know of any exhibitions in London where this combination may be viewed?

Or, would some kind person consider sending me one to have a look at? Naturally I would reimburse postage and send back the print asap!

Best wishes

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've done this a couple times in the last year but with someone asking about every couple months, its become prohibitive for me to do it again. Here's a suggestion (and please excuse the shameless plug): There are several persons selling Azo contact prints on e-bay. For $50 US and shipping, you can get yourself a fine example to keep and examine all you want. That's a pretty good deal, considering the few other Azo artists, like Smith and Chamlee, get a thousand and up per print. Here's the e-bay list:

Me-self: Search for azo_dude, http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsofindty...ordsperpageZ50

Contact Printer's Guild - several fine artists, most of them APUGers: http://www.contactprintersguild.com/index.htm

kolbphoto - http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopage...sortpropertyZ1

Like anything else in photography, Azo by itself doesn't gaurentee success. But it does make a difference when its done well.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good idea. And good prices. I'm thinking about Azo and this is an excellent way to see what the excitement is about.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ciociosan
    Hi,

I hear so many nice things about the Amidol + Azo paper for contact printing 4x5 negs.

Does anyone know of any exhibitions in London where this combination may be viewed?

Or, would some kind person consider sending me one to have a look at? Naturally I would reimburse postage and send back the print asap!

Best wishes

Steve
    Join the postcard exchange on this forum. I'll send you one. All mine are on Azo and developed in Michael Smith's Amidol formula.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Many thanks. I can't seem to navigate to the postcard exchange forum - sorry, help!

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by ciociosan
    Many thanks. I can't seem to navigate to the postcard exchange forum - sorry, help!
    There is no forum - at least I never got a password to access it. ;-)

Do a search on APUG for "Postcard Exchange" and "Revitalised Postcard Exchange". If you like the idea, join the next round - it will take place in February, I believe. This is done by writing a PM to Nigel aka "Nige", he is the initiator and adress list maintainer.

The PCX follows an old bible rule - I send you one, you send me one back. :-)

c6h6o3,

your last postcard arrived in nice state, the Azo still stuck to the base card. 8-)

_Very_ nice job on the printing. Wow.

Next week I´ll take out all cards I received so far and note down what comes to my mind....
    Tschüss,
    Roman

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin