Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,916   Online: 853

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Has anyone done contacts with negs as small as 35mm? That is, a single 35mm frame presented on it's own.

I've been thinking lately that it could be an interesting challenge.
    I just decided to print 35mm to sell and have for my own. I will print my first ones tonight.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Assuming that isn't a typo, how on earth is the paper base still white (i.e. no fogging and no yellowing) ?! Was it stored in a salt mine in an inert gas ? Am I the only person amazed by the ability to get exquisite prints from 92 year old photographic paper ?
    Old papers last -- esp AZO...the slower the better! Might be due the heavy metals?

I have drawn directly on the glass of the contact printing frame with a sharpie to do a little dodging. Usually part way thru the exposure.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    One reason I've been holding onto some Polaroid 665 -- so I can contact print the negatives. I do wish this film was still available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Has anyone done contacts with negs as small as 35mm? That is, a single 35mm frame presented on it's own.

I've been thinking lately that it could be an interesting challenge.

hi barry

i shot a lot of 35mm slides
    and did just what you suggested ..
    they were kind of small, almost too small

i got the idea a few years after i assisted a guy who put a 5x7 chrome
    of his wife in a glass frame in the kitchen window.
    it was beautiful, like stained glass ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    One reason I've been holding onto some Polaroid 665 -- so I can contact print the negatives. I do wish this film was still available.
    I still have a little Type 55 left -- the last time I hauled some out was for some still life images -- I solarized the negatives. Too much fun...but also chancy.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been doing lumen prints and besides using objects I've tried some with 35mm negatives and yeah, they're small... played around w/a triptych of sorts but am still experimenting to come up with a final print. I've used Azo, in the sun it turns a peachish orange, and old Velox is great, turns a deep purple.
    Sharon

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin