I found an old frame glass, and brought it to the darkroom. Every since reading Halfhill's document on making a proper proof sheet (1991), I have been convinced I need to learn to make these.
I had a newly developed film of efke 25, processed in DD-X 1+4 for 13 minutes, that I decided to test. The negatives came out quite contraty, but had much detail in many shots.
I set it all up, and found that an exposure of 11 seconds gave me max black in min time. I developed in multigrade 1+9 for 60 seconds. Here's a scan of (what would fit on) the print (adjusted levels for black and white, the scanning wasn't perfect):
Proof by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr
I have a few prints from this set. I will post in different a different thread, for those interested.
Tom R. Halfhill. 1991. [http://www.halfhill.com/proof.html]