Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,079   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

I made my first proof sheet!

I found an old frame glass, and brought it to the darkroom. Every since reading Halfhill's document on making a proper proof sheet (1991), I have been convinced I need to learn to make these.

I had a newly developed film of efke 25, processed in DD-X 1+4 for 13 minutes, that I decided to test. The negatives came out quite contraty, but had much detail in many shots.

I set it all up, and found that an exposure of 11 seconds gave me max black in min time. I developed in multigrade 1+9 for 60 seconds. Here's a scan of (what would fit on) the print (adjusted levels for black and white, the scanning wasn't perfect):

Proof by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

I have a few prints from this set. I will post in different a different thread, for those interested.

Anders

References

Tom R. Halfhill. 1991. [http://www.halfhill.com/proof.html]
    Last edited by Compaq; 05-01-2013 at 05:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    Good job.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations. Looks good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicely done! I remember my excitement when I made my first contact print after 15+ years. It's fun isn't it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The fourth one down on the left looks really great. That can be a tough shot to pull off.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks great!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Until I get my darkroom set up I live vicariously through people like you. Good job!
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Congrats! Fun times isn't is?
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It was very fun indeed! I will definitely go over more negs and proof them!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    wow im looking into a solution for getting images for my new 4X5 as i dont have a scanner. the options were to shoot slide film and you have a mountable print but I could shoot negatives and do the contact print and scan that if required.

Great job I guest its a first of many.

Richie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin