Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,946   Online: 1121

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In stock (large sheet) at B&H Photo NY

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The albumen paper that we sell at Bostick and Sullivan is egg white gelatin machine coated on rag art paper. We do them in large rolls and it stinks to high-heaven. That being said, you apply some silver nitrate, expose, tone or whatever you would like. They turn out great. Here's an example of one donated to the photo-review auction a few years ago. If memory serves me right, it's toned in gold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Albumen.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	415.2 KB 
ID:	75603
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Klainmeister -You say you do them in large rolls. I know you are selling 48" long paper. Can you make longer paper lengths with your set up? 6-10 foot lengths?
    Thanks, Jamie

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's something that has been discussed, but at the moment unavailable. I guess if there was enough demand it's something we could look into. The truth is that getting an even and consistent coating of eggwhite on paper rolls is a lot trickier than it sounds. I can talk to Dick about it because we might be re-tooling some equipment this winter (too busy with APIS and other events rights now) and I don't see why not. Well, except getting rolls that size is becoming more difficult.

As for the 48", I suppose you could call up and talk to Dick or Melody and find out if they'd do a special cut. I believe the width is 48" so if you're looking for 60x48" for example, I believe it would be doable.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Is B&S albumen paper double coated or single? When making albumen paper I find better results when I double coat. This requires the first coating to be hardened in an alcohol bath before applying the second coat. Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin