Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,860   Online: 898

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Numbering Contact Sheets

Hi all,

Is there a see-through sticker you can purchase to number contact sheets?
    I'm looking forward to contacting 1500 sheets and would like an easier method than Sharpie Pen...

Thank you!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There are numbering machines.

I have three: a rubber stamp with four wheels you turn by hand (for a 4 digit number)

A Bates numbering machine that is all-mechanical and offers skip numbering, (so for example you can number the print and the negative sleeves the same number then it advances)

And an electronic stamping Dymo Date/Time Stamper (no model number) that does similar numbering electronically by hammering a rubber stamp band (kind of like a daisy wheel printer but a band instead of a wheel).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Bill, rubber stamp with wheels! Completely forgot that those existed. That should work over the white stripe on the printfiles, I'll test that on some of the stuff that doesn't have the writable area. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Avery makes transparent labels you can print in a laser (or inkjet?) printer. It is really easy to get word processing software to make up a document which just fills in each label with an incremented number.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This probably doesn't apply to sheet film (if that's what you mean by "sheets") but one of the things I like to do with 35mm rolls, atleast for film/lens/ei/etc type info, is to write it all on one of the 37/38 frames with a sharpie and then contact the frames. This results in the written info being exposed to the contact sheet (negatively).
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Matt, thanks, I guess I'll try that before the stamp!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think Matt's idea is better than the stamp. Because the rubber stamp ink dries slowly it will probably smear on the PrintFile pages.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    This probably doesn't apply to sheet film (if that's what you mean by "sheets") but one of the things I like to do with 35mm rolls, atleast for film/lens/ei/etc type info, is to write it all on one of the 37/38 frames with a sharpie and then contact the frames. This results in the written info being exposed to the contact sheet (negatively).
    I use a sharpie to mark all formats. For sheet film, a fine-point sharpie in the rebate. It doesn't get much easier than using a Sharpie. Other alternatives may look neater, though. In the past I used a labeler and found it to be time-consuming and over time the labels peeled off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Twin checks?
    Cheers,

Jim.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Jim, are they translucent to print?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin