Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,194   Online: 963

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Can I use this for contact prints?

Picked this up awhile back and I was wondering if I could use it to make contact prints from some Tri-X negatives I have?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Looks workable.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wasn't sure. Never made a contact print before. I have pretty much everything I need for making contact prints I think. Picked this thing up for $10 at a thrift shop. Any tips on how to use this?

Shooter
    Large Format
    All you need is even illumination, and it looks like you have it. Says made by Star X-Ray, but looks like it could just as well be a contact printer or duplicator of some kind. Put your negative on the white glass emulsion side up, and some paper face down on it, shut the lid, and make the exposure. Although you might want to switch out the tube for an amber one or your needed exposure times might be uncontrollably short.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This unit is for copying dental x-ray film. But do I need to change the bulb for Tri-X? Never worked with dental films and don't know much about the difference between that film and what I use. It looks like a UV bulb in it right now with 2 red safety bulbs.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That unit was made for copying on either X-ray film or any orthochromatic film or any b&w paper (except for Pananalure)

When using a panchromatic film to copy on, then off course keep those red bulbs shut-off or better take them out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If the light works, you can make a contact print.
    Problem is that you would have difficulty doing test strips and would not be able to dodge or burn any areas of the image (unless you make some king of masks).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    a 15 watt bulb in some sort of canister on a long cord with a pulley will work better...and easier I dare say...hook it up to a timer and voila!!
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin