Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,492   Online: 934

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    I...... I really cant be bothered with Amidol and all that stuff

Actually, Deniz, you should. You will see a big difference if you use Amidol. Myself and a couple other guys from Canada are going to order some Amidol from Greg (see other thread on Amidol). Want in? PM me if you do.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    Actually, Deniz, you should. You will see a big difference if you use Amidol. Myself and a couple other guys from Canada are going to order some Amidol from Greg (see other thread on Amidol). Want in? PM me if you do.
    Agree Deniz, you should. Granted, it must be mixed from the stock chemicals but that's not hard at all.

I wish this bulk amidol deal would have come along about three weeks ago. I already blew the money on other supplies. Unless somone buys about 10 of my prints this weekend :o
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    For proofing on Azo I use the PhotoFormulary BW-65. They say it has results similar to amidol, and I think they are right. I have a done a couple of comparison prints, and I can't see a lot of difference, but I'm sure someone more knowledgable in these matters would see the difference instantly.

Also, and I'm sure this is going to get me banned from Azo discussions, if not apug, forever, I use azo with BW-65 for all of my proof sheets. (It is a contact paper, right?)

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    Agree Deniz, you should. Granted, it must be mixed from the stock chemicals but that's not hard at all.

I wish this bulk amidol deal would have come along about three weeks ago. I already blew the money on other supplies. Unless somone buys about 10 of my prints this weekend :o
    Hey Alex, I just bought one of your prints on eBay, used BIN and instant payment, so go get your money!!! I bought ''Yates Center Elevator''. It looks great even on my monitor - can't wait to see the real thing.

BTW, I think you guys give discounts to APUG members (or you did at one point). I don't want the discount - you guys in the guild need all the support you can get. I bought a total of 3 prints today (at least I have high bids in on 2 others ending in a few hours).

BTW, if you want, I'd be willing to work something out with you when my Amidol gets in. I ordered 33lbs of it, so I should be able to sell you 2-3 lbs for what I paid for it, but I may ask for a print in the bargain and I'll pay shipping of chemicals to you as well as re-packaging costs. Interested? I'd want a final, mounted and matted print, not a work print of course.

I love the Yates Center Elevator print. I think you should do more of these darmatic contrasty images. Really shows off AZO and 8x10 contact prints. I do like ''Keystones'' a lot, too.

Please do me a favor and drop by my gallery here on APUG and give me some critique, ok? You have a real nice eye.

-Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Something to keep in mind.

The "slight" difference between a print developed in one of the "other" developers and one developed in Amidol can be the difference between a great print and a "wow" print.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I reallt didnt mean to compare Neutol WA and Amidol.

But under the circumstances i have no choice but use the Neutol Wa. Both budget and time/resources wise.

I will definitely give amidol a try when i have the opportinuty(maybe someone close to me will have a working batch ready so i'll just slip my paper in there : ) )

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    Hey Alex, I just bought one of your prints on eBay, used BIN and instant payment, so go get your money!!! I bought ''Yates Center Elevator''. It looks great even on my monitor - can't wait to see the real thing.-Mike
    Thanks Mike for buying the print, the kind words, and the offer on the amidol. Sent you a PM. The print will ship on Monday.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not a member of the Contact Printers Guild. Just out there on my own. The guys in the Guild are a great bunch and there's a good deal of mutual support that goes around.

Deniz, you can make good Azo prints using Neutol WA. I know a couple of the Guild members use it and so do I. I've made "Yates Center Elevator" with both Neutol and amidol, and its very hard to discern the difference between the two. Exposures however, differ. In other words, I cannot get the same result from a 60 second exposure with Neutol that I get with amidol.

One big advantage amidol has is its very high activity. This is important when using a water bath. Neutol will work with the water bath technique too, but not to the extent amidol does.

Good luck and don't be afraid to post your work.
    My Photography Blog

When Paula and I used Neutol WA we found that it was unduly contrasty. Perhaps we needed to dilute in more.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hmmm... when I used it, I found it unduly flat at first using the 1+11 dilution. I liked it better with the 1+7 dilution.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use it at 1:7. Like I said earlier, it prints differently from amidol. I've had a couple situations where it was too contrasty as Michael says. That's why I went to the split developing technique. I leave Azo in the Neutol for 30 seconds max before going to the water bath.
    My Photography Blog

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin