Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,883   Online: 1036

Shooter
    Multi Format

Contact printing 6x9 - 6x12

I have Durst 600 and no plans to upgrade the enlarge. So, I am thinking to contact print 6x9(Agfa record) or 6x12(I do not have any camera yet in this format) like in the attached drawing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6x9.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	76333
    May I know is there any mask available to acheive something with accurate spacing and so on? My skills are rather limited to go DIY way...

I am planning to put them on 18x24cm paper.
    Last edited by baachitraka; 11-04-2013 at 06:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you considered going to a framing shop and having a piece of mat board cut to your specifications? Of course in this situation you would want to tell them that it is vital that the cuts be made as straight and clean as possible. Just an idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am also thinking 3d-print option but I have no idea how expensive it will be.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One suggestion is to try making masks out of thin brass shim stock, available at many hardware or modeling stores, before going with 3-D printing. You should be able to find some that is just thin enough to lie flat and can then use the negatives to align the pieces. Overlapping metal seems to work fine in all of the four-blade easels I've used and taping them on the upper surface would allow you to reposition them until you get the composition right.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not sure what you want to achieve. Contact print three frames at the same time? They more probably than not will require different exposures, so you'll have to mask two while exposing the third. You want to display the three frames together on the same piece of paper, as a unit?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My plan is to make a album of my six months old daughter.

So mostly it will be go to a photo book...

I am shooting with umbrellas so I can give same exposure for all the frames.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe you are over-thinking it? Lining up 3 negatives on a sheet isn't that hard, and you could lay a ruler down as guide and take it away when you are ready to lay the glass down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    :-) Its just an hobby.
    It may be possible to print 35mm negs that small and stick them to the album.

I don't think I will upgrade my enlarger any soon...so why not try some contacts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's what I would do.

1. Get a peice of glass and a piece of wood or matt board or heavy card, both cut to the the size of the paper
    2. Lay glass face down
    3. Mask off the areas of the glass around the negatives with black tape (choose something thinner than the negatives)
    4. Place negatives onto glass
    5. Place paper on top
    6. Place board on top of that
    7. Sandwich the whole thing with 5-6 of the large binder clips from the office supply store

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin