Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,039   Online: 797

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't mind some scratches of if you work with tougher film stock the bucket method may work. Just unwind into 5 gallon buckets of developer, stop, and fix. I saw a video of someone doing it once with 16mm, looked like a total jumbled mess but was fine when they line dried it at the end.

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    If you don't mind some scratches of if you work with tougher film stock the bucket method may work. Just unwind into 5 gallon buckets of developer, stop, and fix. I saw a video of someone doing it once with 16mm, looked like a total jumbled mess but was fine when they line dried it at the end.
    A 5 gallon bucket is exactly what I was envisioning! A friend developed a 16mm short film (movie) in a Paterson 8-reel tank in similar fashion.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc View Post
    Thanks for the offer, Duncan!
    After doing some Googling, I stumbled on the Nikon 750-frame F2. Holy cow! I'm trying to digest how to develop a 100' of film, let alone what to photograph with it.
    Aren't too many of those around; the 250 or 100 frame backs are quite a bit easier to come by.

Nikor made 100-foot long spiral reels and tanks to go with them, and I have a set I could let you borrow if you pick up one of those 750-frame monsters and want to do this project ;-)

Duncan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin