Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,151   Online: 902

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Muir View Post
    Do you print only one image on a sheet, or perhaps two or three? What size of paper do you use? I have wanted to try this in 6x6 and maybe 6x9. I have some Ilford MGIV fibre in 7x5 that I bought to try this, but haven't got round to it yet.
    Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    I print singles images on a sheet. I cut the paper to pieces a bit bigger than the image, then I mount and frame.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    AA said:'if you can't make them good make them bigger. I can see a small print mounted in a large neutralframe looking like preciousj jewel.good things come in small packages.
    It is what I try to transmit when I thought in my frames, thick and more like "luxurious":

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4849598.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	78534

But with 35mm I want to make it more affordable. Still in a nice frame but not in a such expensive one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice framing! I'm looking at doing contact prints of all my 6x6 and 6x7 work as I don't have room for a full enlarger at the moment.

Marciofs I say go for it and see how it turns out

Shooter
    35mm
    What might work is the system that was used in nightclubs in the 1970s where you'd get a contact print of yourself and a friend at a table by the end of the evening. It was presented in a key ring holder which had a small magnifying effect so it seemed to be bigger. It was a bit like looking into a small slide viewer but with smaller magnification

By itself a contact print of a 35mm neg is so small as to be of no interest to most people except for maybe a head and shoulders portrait of a "loved one" that fits into a tiny frame.

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin