Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,388   Online: 1111

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

35mm contact print sale.

Have you heard about any photographer selling 35mm fotos printed on contact print?

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Peter Lindbergh sold some contact sheets. Even considered buying one as they were not that expensive around 600Euros and I am a big fan of Lindbergh's pre digi work. Kertesz sold some 35mm contacts as well
    Also look up the following link quiet a few contact sheets http://iphotocentral.com/search/resu...ontact+sheet/0

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    No, I haven't. 6x6 yes, but not 35.

But back in the days (30's or so) some people had 35 mm contact prints in their photo albums. I've seen at least one example of this somewhere on the internet, can't remember where unfortunately. So maybe there is/was someone who did?

EDIT: Ah, yeah - Kertesz! I just looked in a book the other week with early work of him, some showing 35 mm contact prints he did. Wonderful little book.

Here is an article: http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...-mondrian.html
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Peter Lindbergh sold some contact sheets. Even considered buying one as they were not that expensive around 600Euros and I am a big fan of Lindbergh's pre digi work. Kertesz sold some 35mm contacts as well
    Also look up the following link quiet a few contact sheets http://iphotocentral.com/search/resu...ontact+sheet/0
    I don't mean contact sheet but contact print of singles 35mm frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    No, I haven't. 6x6 yes, but not 35.

But back in the days (30's or so) some people had 35 mm contact prints in their photo albums. I've seen at least one example of this somewhere on the internet, can't remember where unfortunately. So maybe there is/was someone who did?

EDIT: Ah, yeah - Kertesz! I just looked in a book the other week with early work of him, some showing 35 mm contact prints he did. Wonderful little book.

Here is an article: http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...-mondrian.html
    This is interesting.
    How about now a days? Do you think there are people today who would appreciate 35mm size photos?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about now a days? Do you think there are people today who would appreciate 35mm size photos?
    Not so long ago Polaroid offered such.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Not so long ago Polaroid offered such.
    do you mean those cameras to take portrait for documents?

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Andre Kertesz as I wrote has done it when he started out, the reproductions in his newer books are sometimes no bigger than the original contact prints and the books sell.

The Polaroid I Zone produced very small 1.5x1in prints and stickers but was discontinued in 2006

Apug member aste did a series of 35mm contact prints in 2010. Plenty of photographers that sell 6x4.5 and 6x6 contact prints so no reason why you shouldn't be able to sell even smaller prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am asking because I sell 6x4.5 and 6x7 contact prints and I find it difficult to sell. Ok, to me it is difficult to sell anything but I have the impression many people find too small, specially now a days where people think the big the better. So I was wondering if 35mm would worth trying too or not.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by marciofs View Post
    I am asking because I sell 6x4.5 and 6x7 contact prints and I find it difficult to sell. Ok, to me it is difficult to sell anything but I have the impression many people find too small, specially now a days where people think the big the better. So I was wondering if 35mm would worth trying too or not.
    Do you print only one image on a sheet, or perhaps two or three? What size of paper do you use? I have wanted to try this in 6x6 and maybe 6x9. I have some Ilford MGIV fibre in 7x5 that I bought to try this, but haven't got round to it yet.
    Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AA said:'if you can't make them good make them bigger. I can see a small print mounted in a large neutralframe looking like preciousj jewel.good things come in small packages.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin