Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,108   Online: 1096

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd suggest not boxing yourself in too much with things like MTMB, which is a difficult thing to get right anyway. Depending on what kind of contrast you are aiming for in an image, you may choose give extra exposure to the negative, etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    Because the only thing that digital has over film is convenience. I will take film over digital any day.

Why ask a question like yours on a forum devoted to film photography?
    Agree!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What settings do folks use for color contact sheets?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    BOOKMARKED

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    What settings do folks use for color contact sheets?
    I have several color enlargers, each uses a different setting soooooooo.......
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    I have several color enlargers, each uses a different setting soooooooo.......
    How about a Beseler C23 III with color dichronic head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As I remember the numbers for Magenta and Yellow were in the 60-80 range. Cyan 0. It's been a while though. Age and use affect filters so that doesn't mean you'll be close with these. My Saunders is set at Cyan 0, Magenta 125, Yellow 160 right now.

The numbers are also affected by the film stock you use and any developing idiosyncrasies you may have. You'll have numbers for each film you use when you are done.

I use a standard sun-lit scene as my baseline. You need to find numbers that get you a "fully corrected" print once.

Google - beseler subtractive color - these "calculators" are a good tool for finding baseline correction numbers and exposure times within a couple test prints. Generally available on E-bay.

Also http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...lter+&_sacat=0

Once you find your baseline it's not as hard as it sounds and close is good enough for a proof.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post

Please let me know if I'm missing something from the contact proof.
    Waste of time in my opinion. On supreme advantage of film over digital is the fact that the interim process has a clearly visible image. A light source and magnifier are the gold standard of negative analysis.

Why convert your film to an arbitrarily ordered series of charges, invisible to the human eye, and then convert that into some colored lights or spraypaint in order to see it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin