Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,148   Online: 894

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Questions about contact prints and filing for 6x7 negs

Just stepped down from 4x5 and have already purchased a RB67. I know this question has been asked a lot of times by now, but I just have a few more questions to clear up any confusion that I have...

1. From what I read, 10 shots of 6x7 will only fit on a 8.5x10 paper?

2. For filing negs in plastic sleeve, I read that you cut the negs into 3 strips of 3 and use extra wide filing pages? If so, then I will get 3 strips of 3 and 1 strip of 1?

3. I was thinking about just wasting the first frame on purpose so I only get 9 shots and they will fit perfectly on a 8x10 and those sideways filing pages. What would you say about this?

ZiYang
    zylai.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ziyanglai View Post
    Just stepped down from 4x5 and have already purchased a RB67. I know this question has been asked a lot of times by now, but I just have a few more questions to clear up any confusion that I have...

1. From what I read, 10 shots of 6x7 will only fit on a 8.5x10 paper?

2. For filing negs in plastic sleeve, I read that you cut the negs into 3 strips of 3 and use extra wide filing pages? If so, then I will get 3 strips of 3 and 1 strip of 1?

3. I was thinking about just wasting the first frame on purpose so I only get 9 shots and they will fit perfectly on a 8x10 and those sideways filing pages. What would you say about this?

ZiYang
    zylai.com
    The filing pages that have the channels running vertically will hold the 3 strips of 3 negatives in a standard size binder. Here is a listing for the Print File product: http://www.pfile.com/product/1203hb1...ive-Preservers

If you intentionally waste a shot, that will be the roll that has one blank negative anyways.

I think everyone struggles a little bit with the extra negative situation. It sure makes 6x8 look good!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    1) I guess so, but I don't contact print. I haven't done the exact math and checked it with the frame spacing but it looks like you could maybe fit 2 rolls as 4 rows (10") of 5 frames (14") onto a 11x14" sheet. You can fit 2.5 rolls onto a 12x16" page easily (5 rows of 5, landscape)
    2) yep, you can get PrintFile sleeves that will take 3 of 6x7 frames in a single row, in four rows. Personally I'm a hacky bastard so I actually cut into strips of two (that's the max length that will fit my scanner) and stack up a whole roll into each slot in the page (except for chromes where I do the normal thing). Fits 4 rolls/page and I expect it to be relatively archival since that's how film is stored when spooled; you need to be sure it's absolutely dry though to prevent sticking and damage.
    3) Philistine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This might work for you http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ge_Ultima.html
    3 strips of 4 frames so you can do 3,3,4.

My problem with the tenth shot is I bracket one shot above and one shot below the meter calculation. So that leaves me the tenth shot without bracketing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry I don't think that will work for 6x7's. But I do have somewhere in my house plastic sleeves that do bought quite a while ago. I'll have to find them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That mode; will get you 3,3,2,2.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin