Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,779   Posts: 1,671,143   Online: 861

ziyanglai

Filing and making contact prints from 6x7 negs?

Just stepped down from 4x5 and have already purchased a RB67. I know this question has been asked a lot of times by now, but I just have a few more questions to clear up any confusion that I have...

1. From what I read, 10 shots of 6x7 will only fit on a 8.5x10 paper?

2. For filing negs in plastic sleeve, I read that you cut the negs into 3 strips of 3 and use extra wide filing pages? If so, then I will get 3 strips of 3 and 1 strip of 1?

3. I was thinking about just wasting the first frame on purpose so I only get 9 shots and they will fit perfectly on a 8x10 and those sideways filing pages. What would you say about this?

ZiYang
    zylai.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a GF670 folder camera that makes both 6x6 and 6x7 formats. For the 6x7s I cut them 3-3-2-2 and store them in the PrintFile Style No. 120-4UB plastic pages. This page will hold 12 6x7s, so two spaces are unused.

For proofing I use Ilford MGIV 8½x11 RC Deluxe paper. Everything fits nicely for me. You can use 8x10 paper, but it's really crowded, with frames usually truncated.

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I cut my negatives 3-3-3-1. The three columns of 3 negatives go in a standard print file holder to print on 8x10. I put the remaining negative in a print file that holds nine single negatives and prints on 8x10. When I file, every tenth page is the page with nine individual negatives.

Images
    Good Afternoon, Zylanglai,

I've used all the approaches suggested above. As a starting point, try Ken's second idea (8½ × 11 paper); with care, enough of the tenth frame to be useful can be included. I've been using the Ilford 8½ X 11 paper for all my contacting, regardless of the format, since it makes negative strip placement quicker and simpler.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can use the long roll clear poly method of saving the negatives and then cut them to any length you want.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin