Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,553   Posts: 1,573,139   Online: 760

Shooter
    Medium Format

New Starlight UV LED from Nuarc valid for platinum contact printing?

Hello all,
    I have posted this message on the forum concerning alternative printing... Sorry if some of you already came across it, but I thought it might be a good idea to also post it in the contact printing forum?

I am new here. My name is Rafael Rojas, and I am a fine art photographer living in Switzerland.

I am studying different options for printing platinum palladium with UV sources.

I have come across this new Nuarc model, based on quite a lot of LED UV lights which seem to provide a quite even coverage.

You can take a look at the brochure here: http://www.mrprint.com/uploaded/pdf/..._20140915P.pdf

The intensity or distance to the paper cannot be adjusted, only the time.

Has anyone here have any experience with this machine, or similar ones? According to their website, the use of LED provides quicker, more durable and less hot use than conventional tubes or metal halide sources...

I am going to talk with the MRM guys next week to know in which range of UV these led work. My main concerns are the evenness of diffusion of the light, taking into account that the distance paper to led cannot be adjusted...

Thanks so much in advance for your contributions!

Kind regards,
    rafael

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    General rule at Apug is to post a thread only once.

http://www.photocentric.co.nz/tos.html
    see under "Forum Participation rules"

These rules are hard to find.

Shooter
    Medium Format

My apologies!

My apologies for breaking the rules! I did not know about that, and that is why I mentioned the fact I had posted it already.
    That was my first post... sorry again and thanks for the comprehension.

Cheers,

rafael

Shooter
    Pinhole
    @Rafael: Welcome to APUG!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I am looking for a 30 x40 plate burner as well , this looks promising... I too would be interested if someone has experience with this unit to chime in.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin