Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,553   Online: 958

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Home Made Contact print Frame

Just in case anyone else out there is thinking about this and needs a bit of a push. They're not too hard to make, and if my first one (shown here) turned out good enough to use, the next one should not only work, but should be cosmetically decent as well.

Contact print Frame - Home Made

cheers eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley
    Just in case anyone else out there is thinking about this and needs a bit of a push. They're not too hard to make, and if my first one (shown here) turned out good enough to use, the next one should not only work, but should be cosmetically decent as well.

Contact print Frame - Home Made

cheers eh?

Very nice John! So, how do I order one? Do you deliver?
    "...slow down and start using photography to create an image, not just capture one." b.e.wilson

"Speed kills, Del" Johnny Fever

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good Job!
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, so I'm *really* lazy -- I have two that came with a lot of darkroom supplies that I really bought for the 620 spools...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    Okay, so I'm *really* lazy -- I have two that came with a lot of darkroom supplies that I really bought for the 620 spools...
    Two that you're not using? Man, I betcha if you put them up for sale they'd get snatched in hurry

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who said I wasn't using them? The adjustable one (with leaves like a printing easel) will take 5x7 if I remove the leaves, otherwise up to 4x5, and I've used it several times for cyanotypes. The other is postcard format, and I'm sure I'll find a use for it eventually.

Neither one is big enough to interest the LF junkies...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi John - Thanks for some good ideas. Nice job!

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Pelland
    Hi John - Thanks for some good ideas. Nice job!
    Thank you Dan,

I wish I could remember who passed along this next tip, so I could give credit, but....I can't remember Anyway, the glass that I used was simply "float glass", a sort of greenish tinged ordinary 3mm thick "window glass". Some one wiser than I am pointed out that this acts as a filter and restricts the amount of blue light that can pass, thus affecting the resulting print. I am in the process of tracking down "affordable" ('cause I'm a cheapskate) "crystal" glass, which is described to me by a glass dealer as "untinted" or "optically clear". Now the optically clear part, I'll take with a grain of salt, but....at least it wouldn't have the green tint.
    I hope this tid-bit helps someone.

cheers eh?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    I'm even worse - I bought one. 8x10". Then I "accidentally" picked up five more - in all sizes from 6.5x9 to 13x18cm. some are really old, without glass, and obviously intended for glass plates. Others seem unused, or at least seemed unused when I got them.

And 90% of the time I use the one 8x10", and the rest is the 9x12cm...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley
    I am in the process of tracking down "affordable" ('cause I'm a cheapskate) "crystal" glass, which is described to me by a glass dealer as "untinted" or "optically clear". Now the optically clear part, I'll take with a grain of salt, but....at least it wouldn't have the green tint.
    I hope this tid-bit helps someone.

cheers eh?

Look for PPG Starphire glass. This stuff's as clear as glass gets, and can be ordered by most window glass suppliers.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin