Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,770   Online: 849

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hortense
    I mount all my 8 x 10 prints on 14 x 16 mat board.
    Ditto 14x16 here. I just like the ratio and looks and feels right to me.

Shooter
    Large Format

Contact Printing Frame

My current frame, from Photo Formulary, has interior dimensions of 9X11 & front opening of 8.5X10.5. I'd prefer something more snug so that I could lay both the paper & negative in place without adjusting one to the other. This would be especially nice if I ever produce large numbers of prints from same negative.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i don't know about you, but i have matted and framed a bunch of 8x10s (some even smaller) in 16x20 mats and frames. matts usually are 4ply but some are 8ply and they look really nice. its not for every print though, some look better not floating in a sea of snow white matt board. i asked the gallery that was displaying them if they would go smaller they looked at me, smiled and said: " they are perfect "

Images
    I would rather use one size up. It allows me to use a larger piece of paper than the neg I have have the otion to print a bigger neg in the future. My 8x10 frame is 9x11 and I print 5x7.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I find it funny how people are really talking about TWO totally different things here. Half the people are talking about what size they mount, mat and frame there finished 8x10 prints, and the other half of the people are talking about what size CONTACT PRINTING FRAME is right for 8x10 negatives.

Just to reply to both topics- I like an 8x10 CONTACT PRINTING frame for 8x10 negatives, because then you dont have to deal with the negative moving or anything like that. You just slap the negative and paper into the frame, close it up and expose. There is not worry about if the negative drifted away from the paper.

About what size to MOUNT, OVER-MAT, and FRAME your 8x10 photographs, I prefer 14x17.

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin