Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,446   Online: 818

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cirkut paper?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Cirkut paper?

Where would one get printing paper for Cirkut camera negatives? I can't imagine any real source short of buying paper in rolls and cutting it down. Thanks,
    Chris

Shooter
    Large Format
    What size are the negitives?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The maximum negative size I'm aware of is/was 16 inch by 20 foot. Where would anyone get that size of paper?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasius80
    The maximum negative size I'm aware of is/was 16 inch by 20 foot. Where would anyone get that size of paper?
    I would check with JandC...since they carry cirkut film they may be able to get cirkut paper on special order.

In lieu of that I would check with Freestyle or Photowarehouse. These old cameras are still being used and I imagine that someone is providing paper.

I think that there may be a site of cirkut users...as I recall anyway... The may be able to direct you.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    I would check with JandC...since they carry cirkut film they may be able to get cirkut paper on special order.

In lieu of that I would check with Freestyle or Photowarehouse. These old cameras are still being used and I imagine that someone is providing paper.

I think that there may be a site of cirkut users...as I recall anyway... The may be able to direct you.
    All of our Classic and Adox papers are available in long rolls on special order.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Chris

I shoot Cirkut cameras and use roll paper for printing. Roll paper is available in any size you want from all the major suppliers, it's the same paper used in minilabs and pro labs. It's likely roll paper will be around a lot longer than sheet paper because the sheets come from rolls. Also roll paper is sold in much higher volume than sheet paper.

If you're after contact rolls rather than enlargement paper you might be out of luck as I'm not aware of any suppliers.

I use a paper dispenser to cut the rolls to length but you don't need one for low volume printing, a pair of scissors will do.

Clayton

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Roll Paper

Clay- I was pondering buying some rolls of paper but I need to know some stuff first. I would be cutting it to use in the darkroom. Does the curl seem to be excessive? Will it lay flat after being cut? How do you store it.? Can I freeze it for future use.? Ease of use? Give me the lowdown-upside and down.
    Thanks, Peter

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by peters
    Clay- I was pondering buying some rolls of paper but I need to know some stuff first. I would be cutting it to use in the darkroom. Does the curl seem to be excessive? Will it lay flat after being cut? How do you store it.? Can I freeze it for future use.? Ease of use? Give me the lowdown-upside and down.
    Thanks, Peter
    Peter

RC has very little curl and flattens out no problem. Close to the end of the roll it has more curl but still not a problem. Fibre does have more curl and is worse with mural rolls because the rolls are shorter (in length) and all the paper is close to the roll core.

I store it in it's original paper bags or in the paper dispenser. No need to freeze it. No different to use than sheet paper.

Clayton

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

sounds good

Clayton-I appreciate that bit of information. I was perusing the www.silverprint.com site in the U.K. and saw they had rolls of Forte PolyV; 40 inch by 100 feet and 20 inch x 50 Feet. FortepolyW.T. "17" natural; and Kentmere Bromide on Grade 2 rolls. I guess living in Oz it would be more convenient but I'm looking to have supplies AND save some money. I know you work in those "larger" sizes. Your input is much appreciated!!
    Need to check with the USA suppliers as the Forte has been hard to come by and everyone says on their website that it is backordered till the end of May.
    Thanks again, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I started using roll paper for colour when I got two rolls for about $40 total. Once I got the cutting down pat and cutting colour paper means total darkness everything has gone fairly well. I store mine in the freezer. It would be less important for B&W paper but it wouldn't hurt. With the Kodak paper I'm using I didn't find curl an issue. Even at the end of the roll the stuff wasn't too bad.

Upsides? Any length I want. Roll paper can be cheaper then precut. Not always you need to check. It's all from one batch so it acts the same.

Downsides? I ruin the odd sheet when I cut it. It took be awhile to come up with the "perfect" cutting jig. I hold a cutting session every so often. Cutting between 30 and maybe 100 sheets. So you need to take the cutting time into account. I learned to wear gloves when cutting cold paper. Finger prints only show up on the final print never on the test prints.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin