Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,267   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just hung two 4x5 sheets to dry, developed in Rodinal 1:50 11min with J&C developing tubes, they look great to me. Used regular acid stopbath and Agfa Agefix fixer. No pinholes, I have never experienced that with this film(used about 50 sheets)
    Had great results with XTOL(6mins in tubes)Pyrocat HD stand development too.
    I usually develop at 68f

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Thank you

Blix-is the xtol straight?? Thanks for the info but I did get pinholes; going to try this film again but J+C is out right now
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, straight XTOL.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

JDEF- I do believe that this film is THE only one that even comes close to Apx100. Blix says no pinholes so it must be the temp because I was doing 75 degrees which is my standard for most of my developing. Meantime I'll have to wait for the resupply at J+C.
    Jay-just want to thank you for all those newfangled dev.;one day when I have some time I'm going to whip up some of those boys!!! So many developers;and so little time!
    Best, Peter

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've shot enough of the Pro 100 in 120 to start to say something about defect frequency -- I've seen defects on 2 of the first dozen rolls I've processed and scanned; in one, they affected more than on 6x9 frame.

Doesn't seem all that bad for the price, just remember to shoot two for anything important, avoid process temperatures above 68 F, and use water rinse rather than acid stop bath. Certainly does produce nice images...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin