Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,615   Online: 1329

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Kodak Just Convinced Me To -----

With all the hubbub about Kodak's B&W paper announcement, I just made up my mind: use Azo as long as it lasts, then go pt/pd. What the Hell!!
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'll have to change your eBay handle
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    You'll have to change your eBay handle
    Good point Jeremy!

PT\PD_DUDE does not have the same ring to it

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm thinking the same, but Michael Smith is working on getting another manufacturer to make a chloride paper, so there may be something after Azo.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Salt prints and albumen prints are silver chloride. I plan to do some experimenting in that area, but I surely hope Michael comes up with something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    With all the hubbub about Kodak's B&W paper announcement
    It is somewhat unfortunate that Kodak's business decisions do not always receive the same amount of publicity. We "users" of analog materials fall into the area of "diminishing financial returns in investment".

However, hidden away in a small corner of the business section of Thursday's paper there was an announcemet about the very recent completion of Eastman Kodak's US$988 million acquisition of the Vancouver (Canada) based Creo inc.. a digital imaging company.

Of note..... Kodak has made more than US$3 billion in (digital) acquisitions since since 2003.

Ken

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KenS
    It is somewhat unfortunate that Kodak's business decisions do not always receive the same amount of publicity. We "users" of analog materials fall into the area of "diminishing financial returns in investment".

However, hidden away in a small corner of the business section of Thursday's paper there was an announcemet about the very recent completion of Eastman Kodak's US$988 million acquisition of the Vancouver (Canada) based Creo inc.. a digital imaging company.

Of note..... Kodak has made more than US$3 billion in (digital) acquisitions since since 2003.

Ken
    The Creo aquisicion was well publicized, but so what? I fail to see your point. Unless you are trying to say that they have been pissing away their money on digital and have seen little return on their investments.....is that it?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Alex,

I'm willing to bet you'll fall in love with seeing the delicate tones your negatives will produce with Pt. Even though the Dmax of the print is nowhere near what Azo will do, I've never heard anyone ask me why my blacks aren't any blacker. Azo is nice but maybe you'll end up thanking Kodak for sending you to the beauty of Pt/Pd.
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I talked to Michael last night. He is very excited about the new source of silver chorlide paper. Everyone hurry up and use the existing azo so we can get this new paper!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    will I be able to get it in England?

Do you need a distributor?

:-)))))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin