Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,695   Online: 893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ryan,
    Try some Kodak dry mounting tissue. Its a low temp tissue like the Seal Color mount but I have yet to have a problem with it.

Alex
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

With Color Mount: 200 degrees for 30 seconds. No weight needed on top afterwards. We use two pieces 4-ply bristol board between platen and photo and one underneath. Bristol board, made by Strathmore is the smoothest board there is. Since MT5 was discontinued and Paula and I started using Color Mount we have not had the slightest problem.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thank you Michael. I think my problem was over cooking the print. At 220 for 2-3 minutes, that seems way too long. I will take your suggestion and see how things come out. Thank you again.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use only MT5 and found that happening only with Azo. All my double weight papers mounted fine. Single weight Azo takes some testing. I was mounting it to cool. Do check the temp. IMHO color mount sucks.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    After doing a little reseach, I found that it is happening on the prints that I use the Color Mount and MT5 only. The arista tissue is too thick and really gummy when tacking it.

I used to use Seal paper, I think it was called...so I am going to try some of that. I cannot afford to keep wasting all these prints and mounts on defective mounting tissue. I have NEVER had this problem my whole life of photography, so its really upsetting!

Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Buffer Mount

Ditto(as in sucks) for buffer mount altough I never tried the color mount. It's really nice that they took MT-5 away and replaced it with "new" products that cost about 2x as
    much. Seem like these newer tissues are formulated with the idea of possible removal at some point in time?? Cooler temps and different materials. Just speculating.....
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have used Color Mount for twenty five years. I disagree with those who dislike the material. I mount at a temperature of 190-195 for thirty seconds and have never had a print fail to mount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin