Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,214   Online: 925

Shooter
    Medium Format

Seeking 8x10 contact printing frame...

...for printing out processes. I know photog's formulary has one for $50 but I've used them and the metal clips are weak at best. What's the point of having a hinged print frame if the negitive moves when you lift one side to check your print. Perhaps it was an individual frame problem, but before I drop $50 for a frame I have to modify, I was wondering if anyone had one laying around or if someone could point me in the direction of a cheaper or more reliable frame. I could just build one I guess... Thanks!

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I got one 2 summers ago from Richard Ritter...It is beautiful and of incredible build, actually has reinforcing metal incert rails for the springs to press into.....I was told that it is the old Zone VI design....cant remember the cost, just type Richard Ritter in google and lge format comes up

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    http://www.lg4mat.net/index.html will get you to Richard Ritter's new camera page, an intreesting read. You can then go to his other links. i have no experience with his print frames.

I have 8x10 and 11x14 contact printing frames from Bostick & Sullivan that I like. http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/main/frames_page.htm
    The guy next door to them makes the frames for them. I have done a bit of wood working and varnishing of old boats over the years and I think these are beautiful tools. The springs are very strong and I get good results with either silver or platinum contact prints.

I personally think working with good tools doubles the pleasure of the project.

Enjoy,

John Powers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Are you still looking for one? I have one for sale. Please contact me off the forum.

Thanks,

Rich

Images
    There is a guy here that makes drop dead gorgeous ones. I think his name is pelland?

My photo formulary one does not slip ever. I've been using it a lot for about a year using sun and 1000 watt HID lights.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan Pelland is doing really great ones I have the 11x14 from him and it is just pefect!
    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...ht=dan+pelland

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin