Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,658   Online: 1010

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBulley
    Sandy, I'm glad you and Don mentioned taking the lamp out. I originally was planning to leave it in but upon hearing about the problems that might occur it seems wise to remove it.
    Thanks for the suggestion on the type of lamp to purchase, do you have any specialty retailers in mind that supply the MHL-1000/1 or is this a lamp that can be found easily at a place like Home Depot? As far as fuses go, do these need to be special ordered from Nuarc? Do you think Nuarc doesn't recommend the MHL-1000 because it might blow the fuses more often?
    You will not find this lamp available locally, unless there is a well-stocked graphic arts store in your city.

Here is a link for the 1000 watt metal halide bulb for the NuArc. http://www.bulbdirect.com/catalog.as...showprevnext=1 Cost is $55.

You buy the fuses directly from NuArc.

NuArc sells replacement lamps so why would they recommend somethiong else? Actually, when I spoke to one the technicians there a couple of yeas ago they did not appear to be aware of the USHIO, or of the fact that a metal halide lamp could be used in the 26-1k mercury vapor units. But I have used the USHIO for over two years without blowing a fuse, so it is obvious to me that it works fine.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 08-15-2005 at 10:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    First of all I'd like to thank everyone for all their suggestions and help with my questions about moving the Nuarc. You all saved me a lot of time, effort, and expense as well. I'm sure I would have broken something valuable if not for your recommendations.

Sandy thanks for the link to the bulb supplier. From the looks of the bulb that came with it I think a new one is in order. It's blackened and hard to see through.

The unit is in excellent condition and everything looked great. It was very easy to take apart from the stand, the tempered glass and bulb came right out with no problems. It was pretty light for two guys to carry, and by the way without the stand it fit easily into the back of my 95 VW Golf. The best part about it is that I only paid $100 and she was happy to get rid of the thing.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Last edited by Brian Bullen; 01-22-2008 at 12:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    First of all I'd like to thank everyone for all their suggestions and help with my questions about moving the Nuarc. You all saved me a lot of time, effort, and expense as well. I'm sure I would have broken something valuable if not for your recommendations.

Sandy thanks for the link to the bulb supplier. From the looks of the bulb that came with it I think a new one is in order. It's blackened and hard to see through.

The unit is in excellent condition and everything looked great. It was very easy to take apart from the stand, the tempered glass and bulb came right out with no problems. It was pretty light for two guys to carry, and by the way without the stand it fit easily into the back of my 95 VW Golf. The best part about it is that I only paid $100 and she was happy to get rid of the thing.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Wow, what a deal you got!! I paid $400 for my unit and though it was a great deal.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It is a great deal, i just got lucky really, right place at the right time. She was so happy to have it out of her way and didn't really know what it was for. Now I just need a densitometer at that price. Every UV densitometer I've seen are going for $300 to $400. Patience pays off though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great Deal! He**....spent more than that building my UV box...stay at it, you can find a densitometer if you can just wait em out. Congratulations on a very nice unit.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mike, thanks. Actually my plan was to build a unit also and I thought the same thing as you when I saw this listed for that price. I can't build one for that little.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It is a great deal, i just got lucky really, right place at the right time. She was so happy to have it out of her way and didn't really know what it was for. Now I just need a densitometer at that price. Every UV densitometer I've seen are going for $300 to $400. Patience pays off though.
    If you are patient and do a search for an x rite 369t instead of the 361 that everbody wants you can have them really cheap, I got mine for $80.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    If you are patient and do a search for an x rite 369t instead of the 361 that everbody wants you can have them really cheap, I got mine for $80.
    Wow thats a good deal too, unfortunatly I have been searching for the 369 as well with no luck. And the Gretag/Macbeth.
    Someday soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    As for the bulb, I recommend the USHIO metal halide lampt for the NuArc 26-1K. It is less expensive than the replacement bulb NuArc sells for the unit, but has about the same spectral power distribution curve and actually reaches full output faster than the mercury vapor lamp sold by NuArc. USHIO makes two of these lamps, the one you want for Pt./Pd. printing is the MHL-1000/1. NuArc may not recommend the USHIO lamp, at least they did not when I spoke to them about it a couple of years ago, but lots of people use it and by all accounts it works as well or better than the mercury vapor lamp.

Sandy
    Sandy, do you have the 26-1K or the 26-1KS? I emailed Nuarc today about lamps for the 26-1K and this was the reply:

"We tried unsuccessfully for a couple of years to come up with a Metal Halide Lamp that could be used in the very popular 26-1K. We then found that we had to come up with a different style of power supply to work with a newly designed Metal Halide Lamp. This unit is the 26-1KS which replaced the old 26-1K somewhere around the mid 90's, if I remember correctly. These lamps are not interchangeable. ......The original GW114 lamp in the 26-1K has several rather narrow peaks with the only light within the area that you need being between 360 and 370 nm. The NP80 lamp in the 26-1KS as a comparison has a strong output that begins at 320 nm and continues thru 450 nm."

thanks....lyle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lallan
    Sandy, do you have the 26-1K or the 26-1KS? I emailed Nuarc today about lamps for the 26-1K and this was the reply:

"We tried unsuccessfully for a couple of years to come up with a Metal Halide Lamp that could be used in the very popular 26-1K. We then found that we had to come up with a different style of power supply to work with a newly designed Metal Halide Lamp. This unit is the 26-1KS which replaced the old 26-1K somewhere around the mid 90's, if I remember correctly. These lamps are not interchangeable. ......The original GW114 lamp in the 26-1K has several rather narrow peaks with the only light within the area that you need being between 360 and 370 nm. The NP80 lamp in the 26-1KS as a comparison has a strong output that begins at 320 nm and continues thru 450 nm."

thanks....lyle
    I have the Nuarc 26-1k. The Ushio metal halide lamp appears to work perfectly in this unit.

Sandy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin