Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,333   Online: 1075

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Why would you want to filter out the UV light. AZO is very sensitive to UV.

The problem you would have in printing AZO with a Nuarc 26-1k is that exposure times would be ridiculously short, though I guess you could tape some large neutral density filters over the glass underneath the bulb.

Sandy
    I didn't know AZO was so sensitive to UV light. That is good to know. Are graded bromide papers also sensitive to UV light?

Thanks.

-R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    The glass underneath the bulb is tempered to withstand the high heat from the lamp and will cost a fair amount to replace if you break it.

Sandy

Any idea what temperature this piece of glass is rated to? I need to order a new one. Also would anyone know the dimensions of it? Thanks!
    RL Foley

Shooter
    ULarge Format

26-1K Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Silverpixels5 View Post
    Any idea what temperature this piece of glass is rated to? I need to order a new one. Also would anyone know the dimensions of it? Thanks!
    I do not know about the temp rating of the glass but my dot-patterned original top glass is 18.5x18.5 inches. For what it's worth I bought my 26-1K through the NuArc repair tech here in Dallas. He is Jeff Dowlen and I believe that his Dad was the NuArc rep here in Dallas for a fair amount of time. Jeff knows his stuff about NuArcs and has parts, motors, circuit boards,pumps and probably anything else one would need. You can reach him at 972-816-7383 and I would bet he could answer the question about the bulb war and if the mh would work as good as the mv bulb. Good luck all.

Tav Walraven

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I didn't know AZO was so sensitive to UV light. That is good to know. Are graded bromide papers also sensitive to UV light?

Thanks.

-R
    Hi Reggie,

I like to use the vacuum frame on my NuArc for printing silver, but the light in the unit is simply to bright and uncontrollable exposure time wise. An easier solution than a kluge on the unit is to affix a conventional clip on light that has a reflector pointed up into the NuArc reflector. The lamp reflector shades the frame from direct off axis illumination, and the light striking the NuArc reflector provides an ideal level for contact printing. (I found fixing a bare light under the hood to be too close for even illumination, and too bright.) You can then plug that light into a timer. Takes about thirty seconds to install and uninstall, and your NuArc remains ever ready for alternative process.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 10-28-2006 at 11:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The nuArc HID systems are not designed for film and regular paper,
    the exposure just won't be controllable enough and there is way
    too much light.

The best inexpensive dual-use solution is to have a flip-top platemaker for alt process and have a point source contacting light hanging above the platemaker. Flip-top platemakers normally go for much less than the 26 1K machines. But the avarage flip-top makes a 26 1K look like a little baby of a thing.

nuArc's equipment gets pretty big, you walk inside to change the
    bulb:

http://www.mrprint.com/en/productoverview.aspx?id=27

But the small f/t platemakers are about the size of a washing machine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin