Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,849   Online: 937

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Nuarc 26 1k questions

Hello everyone, hope you're having a great day! I'm thinking of buying a Nuarc platemaker and I was wondering what kinds of questions I should ask the seller. Is the 26 1k just a standard piece of equipment that is ready to go for Pt/Pd printing? Or are there any optional accessories that are necessary that may not come with every unit? The seller assures me it's in great shape and works well. I will get a look on Sunday but wanted to be certain that I'm buying what I need. Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBulley
    Hello everyone, hope you're having a great day! I'm thinking of buying a Nuarc platemaker and I was wondering what kinds of questions I should ask the seller. Is the 26 1k just a standard piece of equipment that is ready to go for Pt/Pd printing? Or are there any optional accessories that are necessary that may not come with every unit? The seller assures me it's in great shape and works well. I will get a look on Sunday but wanted to be certain that I'm buying what I need. Thanks
    The only optional equipment that sometimes comes with the 261K is a stand. Other than that if the seller says that it is in great shape and works well, then that is that.

When you look at, just make sure that it turns on, that the vacuum pump works, and that the integrator is working. If they are all working just be very careful in trasnporting it to your house, especially with the glass underneath the bulb and over the easel. The glass underneath the bulb is tempered to withstand the high heat from the lamp and will cost a fair amount to replace if you break it. The piece of glass that covers the vacuum easel is just a plain piece of float glass.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Make sure the light integrator is working and that the vacuum pump draws a vacuum, if both things work then you are good to go.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought one a couple of months ago - it's a great unit and really will help to get your workflow sorted out. Beware shipping these things - they are quite heavy and have some expensive parts on them to replace. The big sheet of glass on the vacuum frame is almost certain to get broken, but very cheap to replace. Customer service from Nuarc is first class - they have a tech based in Florida who specializes in these units and is very helpful.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sandy and Jorge, thank you both very much! Do either of you know if it is ok to transport the unit laying flat on its back? I have a station wagon I can borrow but I'm thinking that renting a truck might be safer. Sandy is the tempered glass beneath the bulb attached somehow or is it held in place by gravity on some sort of frame?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sandy and Jorge, thank you both very much! Do either of you know if it is ok to transport the unit laying flat on its back? I have a station wagon I can borrow but I'm thinking that renting a truck might be safer. Sandy is the tempered glass beneath the bulb attached somehow or is it held in place by gravity on some sort of frame?
    I am pretty sure you could transport it with the unit on its back if you remove the glass first. You may be able to get away with taping the glass in place if you don't have to far to travel and/if the road is not bumpy. The tempered glass piece is held in place by a frame with screws.

However, if you can borrow a truck so much the better as that would be the best way to transport it.

However, as others have said, it is a very good unit for printing alterntive processes. My printing times for well-exposed negatives are in the 225 unit range, where one unit is approximately one second.

BTW, the integrator is adjustable so that you can make one unit equal just about whatever you want it to equal, but it makes sense to make to make a unit a second. However, you could calibrate it so that one unit equals 10 seconds, or whatever you will. If you have any questions about this after you get the unit post another message here.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sandy, thanks again for all the detailed info. I will be sure to remove the glass before transporting. Luckily I don't have too far to go. As far as Minnesota roads go I'd like to find one that isn't bumpy.

Donsta, thanks. Does the tech in florida carry copies of the manual? I don't think the seller has one?

Shooter
    Large Format
    It is very easy to take it apart and I would recommend you do it instead of trying to transport it on its side. I put mine in a very small car when I moved to Mexico so it is possible.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Jorge, do you mean you took the upper portion where the light is off from the glass and vacuum portion. I was planning to take the stand off but If the Nuarc comes apart easily into sections this would be ideal.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I moved one of these earlier in the Summer and we removed the glass and put the glass in the interior of the truck and the unit was laid on its back and placed in the bed of my truck. Later it was picked up by another person and we removed the stand and set the unit in the back of his Monterro and he delivered it the rest of the way to the owner. It arrived safe and sound and is currently being used to expose negs to pt/pd.

lee\c

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin