Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,606   Online: 843

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 Yrs to young

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cjarvis
    Palladio.
    Palladio is no longer in business and has not been for years.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    At the rate Azo has been selling, the remaining stock will probably last quite a while, and there's still a lot of old stuff around gathering dust. Not many contact printers around anymore.
    That's changing, and quickly. It hit bottom and now is coming back. Even around here now there is nascent interest in large format contact printing. I think 3 years is a very optimistic estimate for depletion of current master rolls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adox, an enlarging speed paper from Germany available through JandC Photography, gives contact prints with a tonal range close to Azo. I have Azo prints I made in the 80's (not many, but I have a few left). When I print the same negs on Adox and compare prints directly, well, it's pretty close, with Azo having a slight, but very slight, advantage. It's certainly worth trying, and has the added feature of being double weight. Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raucousimages
    I have been in the darkroom for 29 years and tonight I printed my first AZO. I feel like I missed the boat. These are some of the best tonal ranges I have ever printed. The paper is Azo 250 sheet 10x10 double weight E 1 expired 9/58 and now kodak stoped making paper. I have not done a lot of contact printing I started 4x5 about 5 years ago and 8x10 a year later. I wish I had used this paper when it was more available.
    Did you get this off ebay? Man I knew I should have bid higher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin