Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,710   Online: 906

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    So far I've used PPPD for developer which is as near to amidol as it gets without using amidol.
    Ok, I'm stumped. What is PPPD? Have you tried BW-65? Just curious, they claim it also is the nearest thing to amidol but since I'm not expecting inheritances from any rich relatives I will probably never make the comparison.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    Ok, I'm stumped. What is PPPD? Have you tried BW-65? Just curious, they claim it also is the nearest thing to amidol but since I'm not expecting inheritances from any rich relatives I will probably never make the comparison.
    Wayne, PPPD is a mix-it-yourself Paper Developer see:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...highlight=pppd

I mixed some PPPD and tried it with Azo contact prints (I compared it against Amidol). The results were very close to Amidol. I like it.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

The new replacement paper for Azo will have a proper grade 2. As Azo users know, the current grade 2 is a very soft paper.

We will also have the new paper in 11x14 size.

I did a test comparing Azo with Adox and while the Adox was a wonderful paper close inspection revealed that it lacked the smoothness of Azo. It is the best enlarging paper I have seen, however.

I have not compared Azo to Kentmere, but it sounds like something woth doing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kentmere Bromide has the reputation of a large grain 'acutance' paper, probably similar to the adox. I enjoy enlarging on it, especially the grade 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith

art is about managing compromise

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith
    The new replacement paper for Azo will have a proper grade 2. As Azo users know, the current grade 2 is a very soft paper.

We will also have the new paper in 11x14 size.

I did a test comparing Azo with Adox and while the Adox was a wonderful paper close inspection revealed that it lacked the smoothness of Azo. It is the best enlarging paper I have seen, however.

Just to clarify, the paper Michael tested was the J&C Nuance Expo graded and not the Adox Vario.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    Just to clarify, the paper Michael tested was the J&C Nuance Expo graded and not the Adox Vario.
    Ahhhh! That's TWO good reports on this paper from two good sources. Here's the other one: http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...8&page=1&pp=10
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin