Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,707   Online: 710

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I wouldnt be so quick to abandon glycin developers, they can produce wonderful prints, keep much longer, and are a lot cheaper than amidol (unless you are in on the $50/lb deal that still hasnt happened).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the benefit I have seen with the glycin developer I'm using is that a longer time in the developer produces richer blacks, but leaves the highlights virtually untouched. It is great for achieving exactly the local contrast desired.
    On the other hand, if I'm enlarging from a grainy neg, it accentuates the grain unless I get it just right (which is what I'm supposed to get anyway).

I've tried it with a slew of different papers, and it works very well with the Perfecta paper sold at Fine Art Photo Supply, and also fantastic on Agfa MCC and even their Premium RC paper (shame on me for using RC, right. At least they're not warping).

Thanks guys,

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blix@broadpark.no
    And don`t forget one of the major advantages of Azo, it`s slow...
    With regular enlarging paper I have 1.5-3 seconds exposures, no time to dodge and burn... With Azo it`s no problem...
    But I`d love a slow RC paper for proofs.
    ...and if it's still too short, raise the enlarger head so that you have a lot of light spilling over the edges of the ngative/paper sandwich and add some neutral density into the light path. You should have no trouble acheiving 30 sec. or longer exposure times if you like.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano
    ...and if it's still too short, raise the enlarger head so that you have a lot of light spilling over the edges of the ngative/paper sandwich and add some neutral density into the light path. You should have no trouble acheiving 30 sec. or longer exposure times if you like.

I'm not sure that Blix is using an enlarger to contact. If he's just using the same bare bulb (a la Weston), he can't stop down or easily add ND. He could raise the light, in which case the inverse square law would take effect (2x distance=1/4 light).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin