Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,244   Online: 1057

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Doug Kennedy's frames are really top notch. They have a very well designed latch system. They are also relatively cheap; He made me a beautiful 15x18 frame for $135.

http://e.neilsen.home.att.net/dougkennedy.htm

The PF frames are junk. Don't waste your money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JG Motamedi
    Doug Kennedy's frames are really top notch. They have a very well designed latch system.
    Yep, I'm even planning on having Doug change my PF frame over to his design some day.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    They're expensive, but beautiful, well conceived and built. Lotus View Camera in Austria makes them. They have an aluminum inset on each side where the spring ends seat. The wood doesn't wear out, the glass is thicker and they seem to last forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all for your replies, they have been very helpful.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What are the outside dimensions of the Doug Kennedy 16x20 print frames? What's the largest sized paper they'll take? How tall are they?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Can anybody comment on Paterson Contact Proof Printer? The one certainly doesn't look as glorious as above custom built wooden frames, but it is certainly robust. Also pivot glass construction seems more convenient than back spring load types. I'm mostly concerned of usability with 4x5 contacts so to speak

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just received a 16X20 contact printing frame from Photo Formulary. I already have their 8X10 which I consider barely adequate; but their latest is much improved in workmanship. The back, for example, fits properly in the frame. Except for the snaps, which do seem to loosen up over time, I think their latest version is a good deal especially at only $78.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Doug Kennedy Frame

I bought an 11x14 frame from Doug Kennedy which arrived the other day. Just a fantastic piece of equipment. I realize a contact frame is pretty simple, but this is well thought out and well made. The clamping system is very strong and elegant. The joints are very fine. AND, it bears mentioning, that the packaging for shipping was very thoughtful and well done. All around a very good experience.
    Neal Wilson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting information! Few have stated their favorite woods for these frames to be made of. I personally am a Hard Rock Maple fan! My old Kodak 8x10 Maple frame is well over 100 yes old and still looks an performs well. Are the other woods Birch etc. as good?

Charlie......................

I have used a Patterson hinged glass proof printer for many years, while not in the spring back category the old device has performed very well for what I intended it to do.

Formulary responds

Well folks thanks for the comments on the Formulary frames. If any body has a Formulary printing frame that they are not happy with please let us know. We offer a full refund on any of our products if you are not happy with them.
    Just for your information we have continuously sold 1000-1100 of these frames every year for over 10 years. We apparantly need some better QC on this product, but will continue to offer the least expensive contact printing frame on the market.
    I must make one more comment for the sake of all of the companies that sell anything to anybody. If you have a problem with a product tell the company that sold it to you. Any company wants the customer happy and will strive to keep someone that way. Running down product on the internet without first talking to the producer, well you know what I mean.
    Its a Great day for Chemistry.
    Thanxs Bud

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin