Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,473   Posts: 1,570,973   Online: 816

Shooter
    Holga

35mm 2nd Contact Print trick?

So, I'm sure like most people, I make 35mm contact prints by sandwiching the negatives between a glass plate and foam in one of those off the shelf contact makers. (actually mine is modified to get rid of those annoying tabs -- and this might be my problem).

My question is, when I pull the paper out, the negatives are left on the foam. If the print is bad I want to make another with the same negatives. Does anyone have a little trick to quickly slip a new piece of paper under the negatives w/o needless hassle?

Does anyone actually use those tabs to mount the negatives to the glass (thus preventing my problem)?

Shooter
    Holga
    Well, after extracting my head from my posterior, I decided to just flip the whole unit upside down and let good old gravity solve my impossible conundrum.

You'd think I could use darkroom fumes as my excuse, no?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sometimes the obvious runs screaming into a corner and hides. :o
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you will find the easiest way to re-do a contact sheet is to use removable magic tape to hold the film onto the glass.

I do this with 120 film on my 35mm contact frame, works a treat.

Mick.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin