Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,149   Online: 887

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Who DID buy all of the AZO????

I have been following the discussions of Michael Smith and his dilemma with AZO. I have just started using it, and am saddened that it is no longer available in grade 3. (I still have about 90 sheets of 8x10) When Kodak first went belly up on analog, I was going to buy a 500 sheet pack, but everything indicated that I did not need to, there was plenty left. but now it turns out that someone, or a group of people bought all the master rolls of AZO. so long winded leadup to my question.... Who did buy all of the AZO??? someone must know.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    We'll find out when it goes up on e-bay. I hope micheals new paper, if it comes out, is better and no one wants the old. That would be justice.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I not sure I understand your logic here? M&P have been running an effective monopoly on Azo, & now maybe someone else is entering the market, surely this must be a good thing for people who want to buy it?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb
    I not sure I understand your logic here? M&P have been running an effective monopoly on Azo, & now maybe someone else is entering the market, surely this must be a good thing for people who want to buy it?
    The formula to work out the reasoning is:

Altruism + capitalism = GOOD
    capitalism = EVIL

I agree competition is good, but with a fixed supply the natural laws of supply and demand will take over and who knows where the prices will go?

There is going to be more than 1 AZO-like chlorobromide replacement paper on the market soon, and if both are as good as AZO, then things may get even more fun with marketing hype - "My AZO clone is bettan their AZO clone!" Can't wait to see the 'tests' and tehnical comparisons and endorsements coming. This should be a lot of fun. The good thing is that the consumer should come out ahead and be much better off than with one seller with a virtual monopoly.

-R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Al Qaeda? ;-)
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie
    The formula to work out the reasoning is:

Altruism + capitalism = GOOD
    capitalism = EVIL

substituting, we get:

Altruism + EVIL = GOOD

So you are stating EVIL is necessary to turn Altruism into Goodness.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Colley
    Al Qaeda? ;-)
    LOL! (Truely, I'm not kidding!)
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    substituting, we get:

Altruism + EVIL = GOOD

So you are stating EVIL is necessary to turn Altruism into Goodness.
    I'm simplys stating that to some, it seems that they can't stand pure capitalistic endeavore - there must be some measure of altruism (real or imagined) toosed in to make the sellers motivations pure. They cant stand the idea of selling sole for profit.

Substituting isn't allowed.

-Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Offhand I know of at least 4 other dealers of AZO. How did they have a monopoly (some cheaper some more expensive).
    There is rumor that Kodak screwed up and never really made the last batch of grade 3.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande
    Offhand I know of at least 4 other dealers of AZO. How did they have a monopoly (some cheaper some more expensive).
    There is rumor that Kodak screwed up and never really made the last batch of grade 3.
    I was under the impression that M&P bought up the entire run of Azo from Kodak, any other re-seller must have bought it from them. Of course, I could be wrong.,

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin