Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,952   Online: 791

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DF, curious about the mention of a white translucent material for printing. I have always uesd clear. Any tips on this method? tim

Shooter
    Large Format

Contact print paper?

By an inner desicion recently I'm in for LF photography. Excuse me for asking but perhaps someone could explain what is characteristic for contact print paper compared to enlarger use paper. How useless/useful is a 'normal' BW paper in contact print use?

The new paper that will replace Azo, which we have named "Lodima Fine Art" (see an announcement on the Azo Forum for the reason(s) for that name), has been coated on the coating machines and we will be testing it as soon as it arrives and as soon as we return home from a four-month trip--and both should happen about the same time. We hope the paper arrives in about two weeks so that we can show prints on it at the APUG Conference in Toronto.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My last printing session I used G2 AZO with M&P's amidol for enlarging paper and also Ilford MC IV. I'm happy to say that the Azo produced deeper blacks than normal and matched to the Ilford I'd say the same. I'm not one for densitometers, I do everything by eye and they seem the same.
    I have enlarged with Kentimere and loved it. I just got my summer supply of paper in and I'm hoping to try one of my 8x20's with kentimere and the amidol E.P. developer soon. Since I feel the Kentimere is better that Ilford in Enlarging, I'm hoping the same with contact printing.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin