Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,102   Online: 993

Shooter
    35mm RF

Moving on up ....so I bought an enlarger

Sorry guys... I had to do it.
    I didn't like making contact prints.... maybe it's the size.... or my work needs a crop.... or I couldn't burn and dodge very well.... or I could never get the glass clean. Hey just because it worked for Weston doesn't mean it's for everyone.
    Anyway I bought a Beseler with a 8x10 cold head and a lens... now once I get this baby set up, I'll be all set. On a new adventure, off to the races as they say.
    This is the last thing I need, now my pictures can be great .... it's my silver bullet.
    At least until tomorrow... when my pictures still suck, only in a bigger way, and now you can see the grain... and lack of focus, and the dust wasn't on the glass, it was in the film holder.
    I'm not going to sell that piece of glass just yet.
    Too bad i just stocked up on multigrade.... now I have to use graded paper.
    -Rob Skeoch
    Keeping Ilford in business one print at a time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Silver bullet?? Are you into photography or are you hunting werewolves. For sure werewolves are no damn good at all for contact printing.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why would you need to use graded paper? I have a cold light and (as Claire said it would) it works just fine with multigrade. I split filter, but that's mostly a budget decision; two filters cost a lot less than a full set, and that goes double if you use theatrical lighting filters.

Don't forget, there's only one way to make an 8x10 print that has the depth and crispness of a 4x5 contact print: make an 8x10 contact print. At least the dust on the glass isn't enlarged when it shows up white on your print...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin