Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,178   Online: 967

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I did a fairly large project concact printing onto Fortezo GR 2 and I set up a 15w bulb about 4 feet over my print frame and wrapped the bulb with toilet paper and it worked great. Very good print times and the light was never on long enough to worry about heat and even then the 15w doesn't generate allot of heat. To hold the tissue on all you do is get it in place and simply wet it at a spot and it will kinda weld itself together in place. Good luck!
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use the dichroic head of my enlarger but I understand you are trying to do things more simply.

I have never doen this, but I would think about using one of the little, bullet shaped safelights. You could add a large blue or green gel filter for split contrast printing or polycontrast filters for regular printing. The safelight bulbs are 7 or 15 watts I think and with the added density of the filter you should be able to get relatively short exposure times. You could hook it up to an enlarger timer for fairly reliable exposure times so long as they are not too short.
    Jerold Harter MD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin