Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,076   Online: 949

Shooter
    ULarge Format

*Amidol, which formula and how much?

I'm printing with Amidol for the first time on a graded Kentmere paper and would like to know which formula (Michael & Paula) to use, the enlarging one or the one specifically for AZO?

I'm developing 11x14 in 16x20 trays, I think the 4 liter formula will do or should I use more?

Thank you,
    Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A
    I'm printing with Amidol for the first time on a graded Kentmere paper and would like to know which formula (Michael & Paula) to use, the enlarging one or the one specifically for AZO?

I'm developing 11x14 in 16x20 trays, I think the 4 liter formula will do or should I use more?

Thank you,
    Mike

With enlarging paper, use the enlarging formula. If both contact printing with Azo and enlarging, do the Azo first then at the Replacement in the enlarging formula.

Mike Davis

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I suggest starting with Michael Smith's Amidol formula for enlarger paper, and add KBr and/or Benzo. until you get the image tone you desire. I found it was quite to warm for my liking, so I add about 25cc of benzo. solution.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by McPhotoX
    I suggest starting with Michael Smith's Amidol formula for enlarger paper, and add KBr and/or Benzo. until you get the image tone you desire. I found it was quite to warm for my liking, so I add about 25cc of benzo. solution.
    I worked up a batch of M&P's formula last night for my first ever contacts in ULF and man wow!! I should of tossed that 4x5 long ago. Thanks for the posts.
    Mike A

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, As a humanitarian service, I am willing to provide a proper home (here in Thousand Oaks) for your now surplus and discarded 4x5 gear.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin