Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,194   Online: 1014

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Either you are all speaking a different language or my computer has gone on the blink
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Either you are all speaking a different language or my computer has gone on the blink
    I would work a bit on the blink theory, if I was you

It's Norwegian, and a bit of Swedish.. and just chatting..

However a Scandinavian forum or regional group could be established in the APUG context. If Sean and the moderators agree
    Morten :-)

"Please ! Bring me into the company of those who seek the truth, and deliver me from those who have found it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vi ville frk. din samtalen

Hope that makes sense to you.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Vi ville frk. din samtalen

Hope that makes sense to you.

Phill
    Nope, but it opens up for interesting interpretations, as I sure my English does :-)

"Please ! Bring me into the company of those who seek the truth, and deliver me from those who have found it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL I typed in to a translation engine (English to Norwegian)

we will miss your conversation

So much for technology

Phill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A scandinavian forum would be cool. I currently live in the US, but I would definitely part-take.

Then Phill can go in and read the Scandihoovian conversation.

- Thom
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your post looked Danish to me Phil: I felt I should be able to understand it, and recognised most of the words, but it made no sense to me all the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ..all I know in a Scandinavian language is, "God Jul", and heck if it's too late (or too early) to use it. Means, "good jewelry", doesn't it?

Kidding aside, I agree with the post suggesting that you're more likely to achieve your hoped-for snappy print if you first work for a negative which is closely matched to your particular paper. Then your use of contrast filters will be more about refinement than correction.

Best of luck from a fellow photo-nerd.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks to c6h6o3, I now have a very snappy 4x5 azo grade 2 print!!

c6h6o3 asked if I would like to se a nice contact print.. And sent me a very nice AZO print both technical and content vise. This really is very much appreciated!! Thanks to c6h6o3/jim. This is one of the things which makes this forum a very special place in cyberspace!!

So now I at least know what can be done by a skilled printer.. Remains to see if I can become one.. :o :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow! a used enlarger, grade 3 filter and FB paper REALLY HELPED!! But I feel that I'm not quite THERE yet.. So Good that there are more to learn :-))

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin