Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,601   Online: 1134

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Richard,

What were the items you ordered from McMaster-Carr? I'm looking through their site, and they have vacuum pumps priced from $50-up.

Thanks,
    Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Martin,

I bought the pump item number 41675K31 at $183.47.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I bought a 28x36 Vacuum frame on E-bay for $75.00. you can buy a whole flip top plate burner of $200.00. Hell I'll sell the one in my gararge for $100.00 if you will pick it up. It has a light tube, vaccum pump and the whole 9 yards. the last time I used it was for Pt/Pl. But I'm into Azo now. P.S. I live in Fort Myers Fl.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ROTARY VANE COMPRESSOR GAST, #1532-P104-G597X. Oil-less rotary vane compressor. Rated at 1.5 cfm. This pump can also be used for vacuum service and is rated 20" Hg max vacuum. Motor input: 115 VAC 60 Hz 0.55 amp, 0.025 hp, 1075 rpm. Single phase. Ball bearing motor. Input and output ports ar 1/8" female NPT. The unit is supplied with a noise suppressing filter screwed into one port and an output filter unit is supplied connected to the other port. The mounting base has 4 flexible shock suppressors installed in the base mounting holes. The suppressor mounting holes ar 3/16" in dia. The centers of the mounting holes ar 3-7/16" apart along the width axis and 2-3/4" apart along the length axis. Capacitor supplied. Dimensions: 5-5/8" long x 4-3/16" wide x 4" high. Stock #PC2050 $39.95

http://www.aaaim.com/u/web/aaaimc/cg...EGS.htm#PC2050

This is the pump that Sandy King recommended on the alt process list for a 22x28 Nu-Arc Vacuum Frame.

Recommendation came from this thread:
    http://www.usask.ca/lists/alt-photo-...aug04/0180.htm

I'm searching myself for a vacuum pump myself as I just came into a 22"x29" NuArc frame w/ everything but the pump (thanks, Clay!) and I think this will suffice for my needs.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeremy I've got a spare pump if you ever go near the Atlanta area.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Jeremy I've got a spare pump if you ever go near the Atlanta area.
    Gary, I'll be in Atlanta the end of May
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    35mm
    Will the "ROTARY VANE COMPRESSOR GAST, #1532-P104-G597X." work fine for a homemade vacuum frame? I'm working off the design on B&S. I plan to make it about 24x24.

-Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What kind of design is your vacuum frame? The so called vacuum easel needs a high flow at just a few pounds pressure drop, whereas the contact printing frame that seals well when closed works best with the higher pressure drop that the vane pump is capable of.
    In truth it may be way easier to find a used vacuum frame from a print shop than it would be to build one yourself.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm
    This is the design I was working with (LINK) .

Any other ideas on how to construct one is welcomed, but today I bought most of the materials to build this.

Thanks,
    Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats a really nice design! Yes this is what the Gast pumps are for, they are perfectly okay with almost no airflow when the frame seals up and can be run for very long periods of time on high vacuum. Good luck!
    Gary Beasley

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin