Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,200   Online: 1165

View Poll Results: Would you buy a sun exposure meter?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I've been waiting for one of these for years.

1 3.33%
  • Yes, sound interesting.

18 60.00%
  • No, but keep me posted.

4 13.33%
  • No, not interested.

7 23.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for the MetroLux tips! I have to get a couple more probes for it--one for the sun and one for my Graflarger. The one probe I have is installed on my D-II.

I do like to have at least three prints going at a time, though, to make the best use of the daylight hours and get a full batch of prints done in one day. For that maybe I just need to keep training my eye so I know when they're cooked.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'd be interested. Wonder if design could include probe into exposure area (non-image portion beyond neg) under UV light bank?
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    35mm
    I would be an interesting project but then it would take the fun out of sun printing.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmonoid
    I have been toying with the idea of an exposure meter that would measure the light during a sun exposed contact print. It would buzz when the correct amount of sunlight has been reached. It would automatically adjust for clouds passing over head, or different seasons. I have the concept, and prototype in process at the moment. I know I want one for myself, but was wondering if anyone else would be interested in it.
    Perhaps you want to make your own. However, any light integrator with a suitable photo sensor (including the Metrolux) will do the same thing. You would just need to calibrate it for the sun as you would for printing with artifical light sources.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format

sun print exposure meter

>>>>>>>>>> I'd love one, the "here one minute & gone the next" clouds in Melbourne play havoc with sun printing. The city where you're not sure whether to take an umbrella, a coat, a pair of shorts, t-shirt or gloves on any given one day... so you take the lot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin