Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,838   Online: 818

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    I am going to assume that you also grounded all of the lights together with the green ground wire, and that you have this going to the outlet? If not, I would highly recommend you do this, both for more consistent start-up and for safety reasons.
    Oh yes Sandy... this has been done. I have now returned from the depot, cut my sheet metal to fit and run a wire from it to the ground as well. Works like a charm.

Thank you everyone! Now I want a bigger one...

Bill

PS. Don... come on over when ready, the second one is always better.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab
    Oh yes Sandy... this has been done. I have now returned from the depot, cut my sheet metal to fit and run a wire from it to the ground as well. Works like a charm.

Bill

Another simple solution for this is to run a bare heavy guage copper wire accross the top of the tubes connected to the ballast(s) ground. I've made three units this way and it works great!
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Another simple solution for this is to run a bare heavy guage copper wire accross the top of the tubes connected to the ballast(s) ground. I've made three units this way and it works great!
    Thanks Don! I actually tried that with the ground wire I had cut to attach to the reflector before installing the metal figuring it might work as well. It did work great. I will keep it in mind for the next one I build.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah Yep! That's how mine is done...12x 20W BLB, 3 Fulham Workhorse -Electronic Ballast. Comes on and stays on with the flick of a switch, have not seen any changes in output - unless it is really cold, then it takes about a min to warm up (it's in my garage) and is not a problem right now (cold that is )
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab

Bill

Better go ahead and build the bigger one now before you forget all the things you just learned. I built two smaller units before finally realizing that it would be an enriching experienice to have a unit made from 48" tubes.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Better go ahead and build the bigger one now before you forget all the things you just learned. I built two smaller units before finally realizing that it would be an enriching experienice to have a unit made from 48" tubes.

Sandy
    Sandy,

Where do you get paper long enough to use that size UV printer?
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...before finally realizing that it would be an enriching experienice to have a unit made from 48" tubes.
    My thoughts exactly.

B.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sandy,

Where do you get paper long enough to use that size UV printer?
    Don,

I am not actually using the large UV printer to make huge prints. The main advantage is that it allows me to expose several prints at the same time. With the 48" length, for example, I can easily expose three or four fairly large prints at once. This is important for me since with my carbon printing I make thick tissue that require very long exposures, on the order of 15-30 minutes. Being able to expose three to five prints at the same time is tremendous saving of time and energy.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 05-26-2006 at 11:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    What are the over all dimensions of a box that size, Sandy? Damn thing has to be really freaking big, if I am visualizing it right.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Don,

I am not actually using the large UV printer to make big prints. The main advantage is that it allows me to expose several prints at the same time. With the 48" length, for example, I can easily expose three or four fairly larege prints at the same time. This is important for me since with my carbon printing I make thick tissue that require very long exposures. Being able to expose three to five prints at the same time is tremendous saving of time and energy.

Sandy
    That makes sense in your case.

My interest is to make long panos from stitched digital negs. Pictorico is supposed to be releasing 13 inch OHP in rolls this year and I want to print some images about 36 inches long. I'll look at paper suppliers for sizes. I pretty sure some papers come in 40-42" sheets.
    Don Bryant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin