Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,245   Online: 822

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    What are the over all dimensions of a box that size, Sandy? Damn thing has to be really freaking big, if I am visualizing it right.

Mark,

Yes, it is pretty big, say about 51" X 29" X 9.5" and probably weighs around 50-60 lbs. I use it over a NuArc vacuum frame that is 44"X33". The NuArc frame is on rollers, so to place the negative in the frame I roll it out, load the negative and sensitized material, and then roll it back in to expose.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    That makes sense in your case.

My interest is to make long panos from stitched digital negs. Pictorico is supposed to be releasing 13 inch OHP in rolls this year and I want to print some images about 36 inches long. I'll look at paper suppliers for sizes. I pretty sure some papers come in 40-42" sheets.
    I have seen papers in 40-42" sheets. Also, Rising Stonhenge can be bought in rolls. Vague about the width, but was in the 36-40" range as best I can recall.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 05-27-2006 at 11:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    Another simple solution for this is to run a bare heavy guage copper wire accross the top of the tubes connected to the ballast(s) ground. I've made three units this way and it works great!
    Whether I go with the sheet metal or the bare copper wire, does this need to then be attached to the sockets? My ballasts are grounded and I was going to attach that ground wire into this copper wire for behind the tubes, but I guess my real question is... do the sockets need to be grounded as well?
    "the age of nature is past; it has finally exhausted the patience of all sensitive minds by the loathsome monotony of its landscapes and skies." naturaimmemorial.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin