Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 849

Shooter
    Digital Negs

Nice design for printing frame

I just happened, as you do, to find this on eBay UK;
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Split-Back-5-x...QQcmdZViewItem

Lots of pics should be very easy to make one similar.

Jim
    There are only three things in life worth doing, art food and work, the order is merely alphabetical and if you can combine the first and the last ............

---------------------------------------------
    Toned Cyanotypes for sale
    http://www.jrbham.btinternet.co.uk/index.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've got some Kodak frames of similar build. If you have the tools, it's really not hard to make them, but if you want to save the time, or don't have the tools, some of the APUG sponsors make outstanding frames.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up a 4x5 printing frame nearly exactly the same as this one..

it is AMAZINGLY strong, I doubt this thing will ever wobble, built like a tank and stronger than the metal one I bought last year in terms of flexibility..

if someone was interested I could get some digisnaps of it in more detail as the photos on the ebay site arent showing some of the tiny details I would think would be most interesting to someone wanting to build something similar..
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love details. I've been thinking about building a "classic design" frame for a while. I'd like to see your pix, and also hear what you (and anyone else) think about what makes a good frame design.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    here..

the edge toward the bottom of right this image is the lip where the springs of the back clip in, the angle on the top is seen in #2, it holds the glass

the frame has got to be 20 years old and this edge is still very clean

the back appears to be a plywood

this is the under side just adjacent to the stuff seen in #1 (with spring back in place)

without spring back, left side of this image is right side of the first image..

if these images are too large for our dial up users I could edit it to just be links..
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    If anyone knows where I can get some flat springs here in the UK I would be very grateful.

Something about 250 to 300 mm long would be ideal.

Jim
    There are only three things in life worth doing, art food and work, the order is merely alphabetical and if you can combine the first and the last ............

---------------------------------------------
    Toned Cyanotypes for sale
    http://www.jrbham.btinternet.co.uk/index.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin